PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 11 keeping zero when removed from stock

jalex1941
08-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Hello, I bought a savage model 11 LH in .308, the rifle has the acu-trigger and stock and I wanted to know if I remove the rifle from the stock if it will keep its scope's zero ?

JW
08-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Honestly, there is only one way to know if it will and that is to try it
Not trying to give you a smart answer
It should be very close to the same POI, you might have to adjust a small amount
If it is not, I would insure that the action was installed correctly- instructions are in the savage manual that came with the rifle
You can also download the manual from Savage website
I hope this helps
Jack

stangfish
08-03-2013, 11:40 AM
One thing that might aid in achieving that goal is to reapeat the torque of the screws each tme you do so. I am not advocating a particular torque setting just the repeatability of the rifle. I would also consider a possible bed and pillaring job. I have seen vast improvement even on a synthetic by doing this. Some have even seen an improvement in bedding an alluminum framed stock, I have never done this but I do have a H-S that was prviously done and it works fine.

1983Weatherby
08-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I have removed actions/barrels from one stock to another and they hold zero, the point of impact is just different because each stock is designed different. So if your asking if your going to need to sight in your rifle again for the new stock... YES.