PDA

View Full Version : 10ML/10ML-II: Parker Productions muzzleloader bullets

jrburge16
08-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone,

Just signed on today. Glad to be here. I have been looking through a lot of the 10ML-II posts. They all contain a lot of great information. Seeing as how I don't have any problems with my 10ML-II, I thought I would touch on something that I do have a little experience with here in the past couple of months; Parker Productions Ballistic Extreme muzzleloader bullets.

My wife bought me my 10ML-II in April for my birthday. I got straight to work with load development. I shot Hornady XTPs, Barnes MZ Expanders and T-EZs, I tried some of the boat tail Barnes' as well (not a good idea, at least not for my rifle), Scorpion PT Golds, and some Barnes Originals 300 grain .458s. All but the boat tails shot as well as I could have ever hoped for. I used all the Savage recommended powders and wanted to try N120....good luck finding that stuff. I did manage to find a living breathing unicorn, Sasquatch and chuppacabra, but no N120. Then one day I was reading Randy Wakeman's website and stumbled upon Parker Productions. I went to their website and gave it a good once over. I liked the Match Hunters, but my debit card starting crying before I could even chime up on those. I saw a variety of what appeared to be excellent bullets and finally decided on the 300 grain Ballistic Extremes. Where I elk hunt there are some real possibilities for 200 yard shots and the ballistic coefficients on the 300 grn BEs is outstanding. I have read some folks saying they are inflated, no matter, when they came in the mail and I shot them, I could care less if the numbers are inflated.

They shot great. The load I have settled on is the 300 grn BE with 62 grains of Reloder 7 and the supplied sabot (which I bet dimes to dollars is an MMP short black original) at 2250 fps and all landing at 1.5 inches apart, sometimes better, sometimes not.

I guess the main point I want to get across is that even though I had found this great load, I couldn't find much concerning those bullets actually being used on elk. So, I sent an email to Bob Parker, the owner, through the company website. Well, an email just wasn't good enough for Mr. Parker, so he did one better and called me on my phone. We had a great discussion and he even left me with a number to call for one of his pro staffers. The experience I have had with Mr. Parker and his company is second to none. They are American owner and every time I have dealt with them, they did an outstanding job. In this day and age I think it's important, especially as hunters and sportsman, to support our small businesses. Give Mr. Parker and his wonderful bullets a try. You won't be disappointed that you did.