PDA

View Full Version : 10 PC or TR?

bluealtered
07-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Well i have been away for a while and i see quite a few changes in the savage line up. As i look for my next .308 i'm thinking about either the new version, (5R) of the 10 PC or the TR. I had the PC when it first came out and it was a good rifle and worked well, the current accu-stock will work even better i'm sure.

And of course i don't see many of either one out there on the market at the moment, new model savages sale, it's just that simple. So the question i have is, which of the two do you own and what makes it better to you than the other model i'm looking at? Thanks, blue

P.S. and what does it really weigh?

brasse
08-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Good luck finding a 10TR. It was the absolute best buy of 2013.

Mine shoots all ammo sub MOA. Shot so far 126GR Atomic, 147GR Armscor, 150 Norma, 168 PPU, all under MOA. Just got some Hornady 168GR A Max, 175GR Federal SMK, and soon will be getting some 168GR SMK. If the 10TR shot .6 MOA with the 147 Armscor, it should be MUCH better with the premium ammo. Not sure I am up to it. But I have that one hole dream.

Weighs 8.5 pounds, total weight depends on what scope you use. You can get a 10-12 ounce scope. My scope weighs 28 ounces, and has cheap heavy 30mm rings.

big honkin jeep
08-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Man I have both and they are very similar. So similar that it pretty much comes down to what color you like. The TR does come with a scope base you'd spend a few bucks on but other than that not much difference at all.