PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy an Oklahoma bear tag??

Pulp
06-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Oklahoma has decided it's time for a limited bear season. You can buy an archery tag or a ML tag and hunt bear during the respective deer seasons. Here's the kicker. The total kill is 20 bears. You have to call an 800 number the morning you want to hunt to see if the 20 bears are killed or not. If not, your tag is good. If yes, then your tag is no good.

Just don't seem right to me. There is nothing on the wildlife web page yet about cost of the tag, or if the price is refundable once the 20 bears are killed. I'd rather see a drawing than this system.

outlawkyote
06-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Its the same way for bobcat in my area. As soon as the quota is hit, the seasons over. The good part is that the same licence also allows us to shoot many of the other fur bearing animals.

BigJim
07-31-2009, 11:16 PM
pulp

Your right a drawing would be better.

Waceyf
02-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Only way I would buy a tag is with private land access. I refuse to pay the 40$ land access permit for honobia and three rivers. I'm all for money to the wildlife dept. to go towards wildlife conservation but I think land access permit is ridiculous. I can see it if your gonna go down there alot but just for bear I wouldnt give them 40$ for access to public land when there are hundreds of thousands of public lands in OK. I mean if you buy the permit just to hunt bear and a week later all 20 are shot your screwed. Just my opinion