PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: .22 LR ammo and the .17 WSM

n4ue
07-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Hi. somewhere (!!) on this site, I read about the availability of .22 LR ammo, but darned if I can find it....

Anyway, been on a company road trip. Stopped at a Gander Mtn today and they had PLENTY of .22LR ammo. Clerk said that they were expecting another shipment in Monday. So maybe the 'shortage' is over?
A local character was moaning that he only had 50,000 rounds stockpiled. These knuckleheads who horded it, hoping to flip it for a huge profit will hopefully be sitting on a lot of ammo they will have to sell, cheap. It's been showing up in the LGS for $2.95/50...Not too bad....

I've said it before, but Gander has more .17 HMR than I have ever seen!

Lastly, I just purchased a Savage B Mag .17 WSM rifle, and guess what was the only ammo Gander was out of??? YEP: .!7 WSM.

Someday.... I also noted in the gun magazines, Winchester is contemplating other calibers based on the .27 rimfire case..... cool, but I FINALLY have enough to play with.

ron

plinkin
07-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Someday.... I also noted in the gun magazines, Winchester is contemplating other calibers based on the .27 rimfire case..... cool, but I FINALLY have enough to play with.

ron

I think with the popularity of the 204R it would be nice to have an update 5mm / .204 rim fire. A 32 grain pill with the velocity of the HMR would be sweet. My guess is they will develop a 22WSM 1st.

yoter
08-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Still no 22 LR ammo in my part of the woods. I have resorted to a pellet rifle for farm pest control since pellets are readily available. I would prefer a 22 LR for the jackrabbits, but my 22 LR rifle is not very useful without any ammo.

n4ue
08-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi, just got a notice from Natchez and they claimed to have .22LR
This AM, LGS had .22LR, .17 WSM (!!) primers and has started getting powder....

ron