PDA

View Full Version : need help 116 magazine falling out

1denogean
07-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Every time i shoot it now my magazine falls out. the mag looks good but i ordered another one anyways but i dont think that thats the problem. has anyone else had this happen? whats the fix?

all help is appreciated

Thanks

1denogean
07-26-2013, 11:22 AM
its the side button eject also

stangfish
07-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Have you looked at the spring to see if it is binding or at the catch to see if it is bent or worn?

1denogean
07-26-2013, 02:13 PM
the mag looks a little worn down but i dont see a spring in there anywhere

big honkin jeep
07-26-2013, 07:29 PM
First be sure the parts in the mag well are oriented properly the spring the button and the catch.Remove the stock and familiarize yourself with how everything operates Then put it back in the stock and
There is a little tab on the side of the mag that catches in the mag well. It may need a little tweaking.carefully bending it out a very little at a time may help. Don"t bend it too far or it will make the mag sit too low in the mag well and the cartridges wont be picked up when cycling the bolt. also careful not to bend it back and forth repeatedly as it may break. Just a little tweak should be all that's necessary.
I would use something flat to spread the load between the mag so you only tweak the part you want and a small screwdriver and pry just a little at a time on the tab and check it.
Good luck

Spring he's referring to should be a weird shaped one in the mag well.

1denogean
07-29-2013, 08:52 AM
that worked the mag was just too worn down. I bent it a little bit and it worked went out and shot 5 quick rounds didnt drop once

big honkin jeep
07-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Good to hear you got her going, Sometimes for various reasons the little tab gets bent in just a hair and a little tweak is all it takes. :)