PDA

View Full Version : Distance from the top of the reciever to the top of the barrel on a 10 fcp

marcp
02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I will be ordering a 10 fcp Mcmillan within the next month or so and I am trying to figure out what height rings to get. I have a 4-16x50 Vortex Viper PST on order and I'm trying to figure out if I need low or medium rings? I will be mounting it on a EGW 1 piece 0 MOA Picatinny rail. Thanks!

cf7go
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Im in the same boat. I was told the standard Farrell rings would work. I am waiting to see once I get the PST in the mail to see though.

pdog06
02-08-2010, 06:38 PM
If you are using Burris Signature Zee rings you will need medium height. Lows may work but they dont make them in 30mm for the Sig Zee's.

I have 2 Vipers that are 50mm(one on a EGW base, one on a Farrell base), and use medium rings for both.

I also have a SIII that is a 56mm on a Farrelll base and mediums work with that also, but it is very close.

The Sig Zees work just as good as the others, and wont mar the scope know matter how much you overtighten them.

marcp
02-08-2010, 06:54 PM
For rings, I think that I'm going to get SWFA tactical rings. Seems like medium is the safe bet.