PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: B.Mag 96901 17WSM Registry

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Zinzrah
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
They charged me for a bmag and corrected the paperwork. I had to initial the changes as well.

n4ue
08-16-2013, 12:15 PM
I was recently at that GM store. In fact I'm going back tomorrow or Sunday. They have a good deal on some small 'stuff' I need. Last time I was there, they actually (gasp!!) had .22lr ammo with more on the way.
I don't need any, just like to watch the butt holes hoarding......

ron

n4ue
08-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Zinzrah, hi. I was at the GM store in Valdosta today. When we walked in (Lovely store, btw), they has flyers up announcing an "ammo stock up sale"...Was this my lucky day? Pretty much!
My LGS now carries 17 WSM all the time, but 20 gr bullets are rare. Have enough 25s......
Anyway at GM, they had MORE 22 LR ammo than I had ever seen, anywhere, ever. When I say 'tons', I mean it. Out on the floor by the pallet load. All kinds, too. 50 rd boxes were $2.95 and 325 'bulk' was $17. Gee, almost back to the OLD WalMart prices.
Of course there was a limit as to how many you could buy......
The rest of the calibers on the shelfs were fully loaded with every brand, bullet, etc available.
The ONLY caliber they seemed to be out of? Why, 17 WSM of course, but I went there for other things, not 17 WSM.......

FWIW
ron

JG26_Irish
08-19-2013, 07:49 AM
NYyotekiller - please post the distance you were shooting at for the groups you posted with the 20g and 25g ammo for reference. Was it 100yds?

My B-mag came from Borders in Ashland, KY s/n J064603. I sourced a new BSA 6-24x mil-dot scope for the optics. Am pleased with both so far. I was given two boxes of 25g BT's with the gun but that was the last ammo my store had and I would love to find some more to do further bench shooting. So far I shot 37 rds sighting in the scope and doing some initial groups and then shot four rds hunting. I need about 200rds for a "Fruit Shoot". I have looked all over KY and OH for ammo without any luck.

Irish

plinkin
08-19-2013, 09:04 AM
NYyotekiller - please post the distance you were shooting at for the groups you posted with the 20g and 25g ammo for reference. Was it 100yds?

My B-mag came from Borders in Ashland, KY s/n J064603. I sourced a new BSA 6-24x mil-dot scope for the optics. Am pleased with both so far. I was given two boxes of 25g BT's with the gun but that was the last ammo my store had and I would love to find some more to do further bench shooting. So far I shot 37 rds sighting in the scope and doing some initial groups and then shot four rds hunting. I need about 200rds for a "Fruit Shoot". I have looked all over KY and OH for ammo without any luck.

Irish

I have the same scope on my 22 Hornet and I was actually going to install that on the B.Mag until I bought the B.Mags 2ns scope.

I ballistic tested a can of cranberry sauce (gel) at 50 yards. The results were amazing.

Zinzrah
08-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Zinzrah, hi. I was at the GM store in Valdosta today. When we walked in (Lovely store, btw), they has flyers up announcing an "ammo stock up sale"...Was this my lucky day? Pretty much!
My LGS now carries 17 WSM all the time, but 20 gr bullets are rare. Have enough 25s......
Anyway at GM, they had MORE 22 LR ammo than I had ever seen, anywhere, ever. When I say 'tons', I mean it. Out on the floor by the pallet load. All kinds, too. 50 rd boxes were $2.95 and 325 'bulk' was $17. Gee, almost back to the OLD WalMart prices.
Of course there was a limit as to how many you could buy......
The rest of the calibers on the shelfs were fully loaded with every brand, bullet, etc available.
The ONLY caliber they seemed to be out of? Why, 17 WSM of course, but I went there for other things, not 17 WSM.......

FWIW
ron

The other thing they don't have besides .17 WSM is my 300BLK I need for the AR I have been slowly building over the last year. Its in such short supply I put it on the backburner so I could get the bmag on my birthday. Scope arrives tomorrow!

-Zinrah

bkjbkj0155
08-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Picked up my B Mag in Lincoln, Maine Walmart with 6 boxes ammo on 8/11/13 for less than $400

MattB
08-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Picked up today in Fresno, Ca SN J064464.

plinkin
08-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Congrats, what are you planning on scoping it with...both Matt & bkj.

Also for what it is worth. I spoke with Bob at DIP Inc and he said they should have a 1 piece scope rail very soon.

MattB
08-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Burris 4.5-14x42mm

bkjbkj0155
08-31-2013, 10:55 AM
Congrats, what are you planning on scoping it with...both Matt & bkj.

Also for what it is worth. I spoke with Bob at DIP Inc and he said they should have a 1 piece scope rail very soon.

Bushnell Banner 4x16x40 illuminated reticle

plinkin
08-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Those scopes ought to do the trick.

Hobbyjim
09-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Elk county ammo and arms, through Gun brokers. 8-24-13
Can't get to the serial number now, if important I'll get it tomorrow.
Paid a bit of a premium, but man oh man does it shoot straight.
Sighted in scope starting at 50 yards, holes were on top of each other,
at 100 yards after a bit of slight adjustments to the scope very tight groups.
I can't wait together back to the range this Saturday, I'll get it on the 200 & 300 yard range.

plinkin
09-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Elk county ammo and arms, through Gun brokers. 8-24-13
Can't get to the serial number now, if important I'll get it tomorrow.
Paid a bit of a premium, but man oh man does it shoot straight.
Sighted in scope starting at 50 yards, holes were on top of each other,
at 100 yards after a bit of slight adjustments to the scope very tight groups.
I can't wait together back to the range this Saturday, I'll get it on the 200 & 300 yard range.

I was actually in that store to by my B.Mag a week before I bought mine at DSG. The reason I didn't buy it there after I drove 120 miles one way was I was told over the phone that I could buy 3 boxes of WSM and when I got their the owner told me I could only buy one box. I thought it over and left. Later in July my wife and I were on vacation and stopped in there and bought some apparel and hunting clothing.

Nice store, crappy move though on the ammo.

I have a line on my 2nd B.Mag though :p

danjurista
09-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Got a b mag at walmart in northest Pa. on sept 15 j102294 for 297.00 it was the second one that they had gotten in.

plinkin
09-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the info

Hobbyjim
09-29-2013, 12:44 AM
We took the B mag out to Geneva gun range, at 100 yards it was dead on, very nice tight groups.
Amazing since I've only shot this gun a few times before.
We put out balloons out at the one, two hundred and three hundred yard range.
At one hundred yards it was almost too easy.

My friend was repeatedly shooting at the 100 yard balloon with his new 10/22 & new scope and missing every single time, my other friend said to me " just shoot the balloon he's aiming at", of course it was mischievous, but I couldn't resist. Of course I popped it and at first he was elated because he thought he had finally hit the **** balloon. Then he figured out it was me, which of course earned me the finger.
In his defense though, we found out the new scope had become loose and everything was way, way off kilter.

At two hundred yards, it was pretty much dead on, the balloons were inflated to medium to large sized melons.
At three hundred yards my friend said no way in hell I could hit the balloon at that range, first shot missed.
He kinda nodded his head, like what did you expect?
For the second shot, I aimed the third hash mark down and popped it. For me that was a first distance shot ever and were we're all amazed. I was elated! My friends also shot the balloons at the three hundred distance.
It may not seem like much to most of you but for me this was huge.
This made every penny I spent on the gun, scope and ammo worth it several times over.
What fun!

bkjbkj0155
10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
There was one in Lincoln, ME on Sunday 10/13/13 for $297 Walmart

bad94bird
10-15-2013, 06:00 AM
just put my 5th b-mag on layaway @ wal-mart yesterday

n4ue
10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
I just got a message from Bud's Gun Shop stating they have the rifle in stock. No word about the @#$%^&* ammo....

ron