PDA

View Full Version : 338 Lapua Mag?

RazrRebel
07-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Just got me a 110BA in 338 Lapua Mag. What rings do you guys recommend? Also as far as factory ammo, what brand and grain is getting the best results? I never thought about reloading until I bought this rifle, but I can see the price benefits! I was thinking about putting some factorty round through for break in and saving the brass to reload with. Any help would be appreciated.

RyanG
07-24-2013, 01:52 PM
What ever you do when you start reloading just use Lapua brass. I have been reloading some HSM once fired for a buddy. To say that I had issues is an understatement. Even the factory HSM gave a sticky bolt after firing. I finally setteled on using 86.0 grains of Retumbo thats pushing a 300 grain OTM. Its shooting just under 1 MOA. I was hoping for much better than that. But it will get the job done.

Ryan

RazrRebel
07-25-2013, 03:44 PM
What ever you do when you start reloading just use Lapua brass. I have been reloading some HSM once fired for a buddy. To say that I had issues is an understatement. Even the factory HSM gave a sticky bolt after firing. I finally setteled on using 86.0 grains of Retumbo thats pushing a 300 grain OTM. Its shooting just under 1 MOA. I was hoping for much better than that. But it will get the job done.

Ryan

I've read the same thing alot of different places. I'll just try to buy a box or two of factory Lapua when I can and eventually get enough brass saved up to reload. I still need to get the gun scoped up. I know I'm changing the rail for a Ken Farrel base. I need to figure out what brand of rings too. I won't be able to reload till Christmas anyway.

Hoghunter53
07-25-2013, 08:55 PM
These are the rings i put on my 10/110 HS.....Leoupold Mark 4 scope

http://badgerordnance.com/30mm-scope-rings/