PDA

View Full Version : hog hunter .308 barrel thickness in micrometeres for muzzle brake??

stinkyspice
07-22-2013, 12:15 AM
hey guys ive had a savage axis in 30-06 for a while now.. saw the hog hunter 11/111 and loved the look ive been wanting something with iron sights for a while so i upgraded to the hog hunter.

now i got my nikon 4x12 ready to mount and all i want now is a muzzle brake seen ross's work and really like the simple and effective look and cant beat the price!! so i was wandering if anybody had a measurement for the barrel thickness at the treads in micrometers?? cause he tapers them down to the barrel any help would be awesome my local gun shops cant tell me and i dont have a measuring device to do so either. any help would be appreciated!!

D.ID
07-22-2013, 12:38 AM
You can't beat them for overall effectiveness at any price and will not be disappointed. I can't mike the barrel for you as I don't have a hog hunter but if you eye ball it next to a tape measure and error on the big side and just get close it will still look real sharp.

stinkyspice
07-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Ill do that as a last resort.. On his site it says not with a tape measure so if I can't figure it out then ill do that but wanna try And see if I can get a micrometer measurement

cqh1111
07-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Mine measures .750" at the threads.

stinkyspice
07-23-2013, 12:16 AM
awesome thank you very much!!