PDA

View Full Version : New member with a firing pin question....UPDATE!

Pages : 1 [2]

mmargotta
02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
I did loosen that up but I will try a little bit more on the travel screw. Thanks

mmargotta
02-23-2010, 09:48 PM
OK, I took some blue painters masking tape and put one piece on the bolt head face.
The bolt closed on the round easily.
Ithen put a double thickness on and the bolt closed but tightly.

Sound like a headspace issue?
If so how do I adjust it?
Thanks!

Scalian
02-23-2010, 10:51 PM
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,29226.0.html

sharpshooter
02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Did you put the accutrigger back in and try it?

mmargotta
02-23-2010, 11:42 PM
No, It didn't have an accutrigger, It's the model before that; Ser no. 6063xxx
I'll have to wait till I get to the range again to try that; sure wish I could shoot out of my back yard.... ;D

If the new bolt handle was machined slightly narrower, would that change the headspace?

mmargotta
05-14-2010, 11:47 PM
UPDATE on the problem:
Took off the SSS bolt handle and put the factory one back on; went to the range and not one misfire with the same box of ammo.
I put a mic on both and the SSS measured out about seven thousand's of an inch narrower in width than the original. There is a noticable difference in the feel of the bolt (felt "looser" with the aftermarket.)
The great people at Tactical Works (where I bought it) gave me an immediate refund. I also sent them pictures of the measuements so they could discuss the problem with SSS.
I'm sure it was just a small flook in the manufacturing process and hope to get another SSS, as the rest of the workmanship on the handle was beautiful.

Thanks for everyones help! Mike