PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with scope mount: HELP

desmo
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I have a standard Leupold 1 piece base and standard Leupold medium rings to mount my Nikon Monarch scope to my model 10FCP HS.

While doing so I noticed that the front of the scope (closest to barrel) seemed a bit lower than the rear which showed up when I tried to bore sight (even with elevation maxed out the reticle was still low on the target).

It seems that the 1 piece base is curve fitted near the barrel and flat near the stock resulting in a closer fit near the barrel leaving the end near the stock riding a little higher (as it is flat with no curve fitting for some reason).

What can I do here? Why is the standard Leupold base made this way? It fits tightly on one end and not on the other. Do I need to buy a new base and rings? If so, which ones will allow me to have everything in alignment?

Ring31
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
old save action had a flat rear, new is round... if you are useing the wrong base, it wont work..

dfrosch
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
You probably have a scope mount for an older flat rear action. Need to get one for a round rear or Accutrigger action.

Good luck,
Dana

desmo
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok, then dealer sold me wrong mount. So Leupold makes a new base that's curve fitted at both ends?

z71rat
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes they do. You will need the scope base for the Accutrigger, or Round Receiver.

DK