PDA

View Full Version : 260 barrel

savagebuilder
07-20-2013, 09:42 PM
does anyone make one in a small shank?

bootsmcguire
07-20-2013, 09:59 PM
CBI, McGowan, Shilen, Sin-Arms, ER Shaw, just to name a few. Northland Shooting Supply Sells Shilen and CBI. Devin at Sin-Arms makes about whatever you want, I believe he stocks Brux blanks. I have had some of his work and its good stuff.

Since you are posting in the Axis section I am going to mention that the Edge/Axis rifles use the standard Savage 110 series small shank threads.

Call Devin at Sin-Arms or Jim Briggs at NSS, both great guys and either should be able to take care of you.

savagebuilder
07-20-2013, 10:06 PM
yes, im wanting to rechamber a axis to a 260 or 260 ai.id like to find a hvy barrel take off but i doubt ill find one.

bootsmcguire
07-20-2013, 10:29 PM
So you are wanting a used barrel then? When you said "does anyone make one?" I guessed you were looking for aftermarket.

Best bet for that is to become a paid member here and watch the paid-member only classifieds. Tons of deals come through there, I can safely say I wouldn't have the Savage variety I have today without it. I actually picked up a fluted 260 heavy barrel in there not too long ago at a good price. Spend the $15 for a year membership and watch for the deals to pop up. You can thank me later.

savagebuilder
07-21-2013, 12:31 AM
So you are wanting a used barrel then? When you said "does anyone make one?" I guessed you were looking for aftermarket.

Best bet for that is to become a paid member here and watch the paid-member only classifieds. Tons of deals come through there, I can safely say I wouldn't have the Savage variety I have today without it. I actually picked up a fluted 260 heavy barrel in there not too long ago at a good price. Spend the $15 for a year membership and watch for the deals to pop up. You can thank me later.

thanks boots i may do that,its for a customer just trying to save her a few bucks if i can.