PDA

View Full Version : Those of you, with B&C Medalist Stocks!

Pages : [1] 2

jdg
02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Looking down the length of my stock, I can see that its warped to the left. I even layed a straight edge along the foreend, and you can see about a 1/4" difference at the recoil pad. B&C said it was meant to be that way for a right handed shooter, but I've never noticed it before with any other stock. If you guys could check yours, and let me know, I'd appreciate it. My front swivel stud is also off center, so it may be going back for that, anyways.

Blue Avenger
02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
OK, your talking "castoff" not warped.

jdg
02-07-2010, 07:55 PM
OK, your talking "castoff" not warped.

Is it normal? This "Castoff"?

You corrected my terminology, but didn't answer me question ;D

z71rat
02-07-2010, 09:24 PM
The Medalist stock that I bought was the same way. I never got the statement "it is supposed to be for right handed shooters" though. I am a right handed shooter, and I don't care who it is "made for"... I didn't like it, so therefore I sold it.

DK

jdg
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
The Medalist stock that I bought was the same way. I never got the statement "it is supposed to be for right handed shooters" though. I am a right handed shooter, and I don't care who it is "made for"... I didn't like it, so therefore I sold it.

DK

Thanks! Didn't think the Lady at B&C would make that up, but seemed a little odd. Its really noticable when the stock is upsidedown, sitting on my bench, not so much with the barreled action installed.

Bark
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
From the discription,if looking foward toward the sharp end,it sounds cast on to me.Back@sswards for a righty.Note....due to mother natures recent hissy fit I haven't got a lot of sleep,so you may need to hold my reply up to a mirror for it to make any sense. Old Grumpy Tired Bark

jdg
02-07-2010, 10:17 PM
From the discription,if looking foward toward the sharp end,it sounds cast on to me.Back@sswards for a righty.Note....due to mother natures recent hissy fit I haven't got a lot of sleep,so you may need to hold my reply up to a mirror for it to make any sense. Old Grumpy Tired Bark

Was just reading this, and your right, it would be cast on. For prone, I would want cast off, standing, cast on. Too bad most of my shooting will be prone, as this is going the wrong way.

pdog06
02-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I have a couple of them and will check them out when I get home from work.

Does the barrel sit straight in the channel?

jdg
02-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I have a couple of them and will check them out when I get home from work.

Does the barrel sit straight in the channel?

Yes, the barrel is perfectly centered.

z71rat
02-08-2010, 06:30 PM
In my opinion, if this is the way "they" want to cast the stocks... they should at least make it an option for the end user!!

THEY should not make that kind of decision FOR you... because THEY know what is BEST. Bull. Maybe you can tell I was upset.

I just know that I was disappointed when I got mine. So therefore... SOLD!!

DK

jdg
02-08-2010, 06:54 PM
In my opinion, if this is the way "they" want to cast the stocks... they should at least make it an option for the end user!!

THEY should not make that kind of decision FOR you... because THEY know what is BEST. Bull. Maybe you can tell I was upset.

I just know that I was disappointed when I got mine. So therefore... SOLD!!

DK

You would think B&C would have noted it on their web site, describing the stock.

And yes, I can tell you are still upset about the ordeal ;D What did you replace it with?

Quickshot
02-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Hey! Gents. I just bought a B&C Medalist and put my mod. 12 Barreled action in it. I really like the way it fit me and you know I never noticed any cast until you brought it up and so I just checked mine and sure enough there it is allbeit not a whole lot of cast. I like it that way. Shot trap for a lot of years and worked a number of trap guns to put the proper cast in them. It helps to seat the stock into the "shoulder groove" of your body and align the barrel with your eye. I agree it should have been noted as such but I ain't sellin' mine because of it. Every man to his own poison. Quick

pdog06
02-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Just checked mine and both of them are the same way.. Never even heard of it or noticed it before you mentioned it in this thread.

Like Quickshot, I aint sellin mine either because i really like the feel of them. Probably shoulda been mentioned in the description of the stock, but not a big deal to me at all and I dont think it makes them look bad in any way for not advertising it this way.

Could be worse... They could be this way when they are not supposed to be, then we'd have a problem.

vermonter
02-08-2010, 10:01 PM
So is this a bad thing for the person who wants to convert one to a left hand? I'm kind of bumbed about this info. Is the Duramaxx the same way?

z71rat
02-08-2010, 10:24 PM
And yes, I can tell you are still upset about the ordeal ;D What did you replace it with?

I ended up with a Savage VLP stock. I absolutely loved the thing!!

DK

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x308/z71rat308/Racq03.jpg

p.s. - I was only upset about the medalist. I got to shoot a buddy's older 10FP with a Duramaxx, and it was awesome. In fact, I liked the Duramaxx so much on the 10FP, that I bought my OWN. It was after I received my 10FP that I found out that I couldn't put a Duramaxx on it because of the centerfeed magazine.

Bark
02-08-2010, 10:58 PM
So is this a bad thing for the person who wants to convert one to a left hand? I'm kind of bumbed about this info. Is the Duramaxx the same way?
Vermonter,don't fret about the cast-on(left kick) as this would give you as a southpaw cast-off. In my experence cast-off is what you WANT,just picture the dynamics when you mount the rifle and it will make sense.Unless one were to place his cheekweld on the far side of the stock(take a picture and I'll give you a buffalohead nickle),cast-off appears correct to both my brain cells,offhand or down in the mud.That's how I see it. Old Grumpy Half-blind Bark

jdg
02-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Mine shoots fine, wouldn't get rid of it for nothing, just glad its made that way opposed to being a reject. You all have been a big help! Thanks ;D
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/001-1.jpg
Typical 5 shot 100yrd group from this rifle, before the stock change, will post a follow up soon as the expected storm passes.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/IMG_3042.jpg

possum1
02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
You wait for a storm to pass before you shoot ??? Heck I shoot every day ;D

jdg
02-09-2010, 06:04 AM
You wait for a storm to pass before you shoot ??? Heck I shoot every day ;D

My job will keep me in shop, untill the 16" of snow is off the streets :'(

Tightgroups
02-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Dang, my H-S Precision has no cast at all, either way, so I got so mad I through it in a dumpster. New B&C on order.
Mike.