PDA

View Full Version : SSS options

desmo
02-07-2010, 02:23 AM
Once Fred finally has your rifle what would be the most crucial upgrades to ask for? I want a T&T for sure but since you have to wait so long for the big day might as well get everything done at once. Besides a T&T what are some other recommended upgrades? I have a model 10FCP HS by the way.

pdog06
02-07-2010, 08:07 AM
a comp. trigger, comp. recoil lug, and if you want a new barrel then a barrel too.

dsculley
02-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Don't forget the fluted bolt. Those look really good. And perhaps a new bolt handle.

pdog06
02-07-2010, 11:28 AM
The list goes on and on!!!!

82boy
02-07-2010, 11:42 AM
You need to deside on what trigger you are going to use, because the T&T job times THAT trigger to the action.

MSG Janoski
02-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Once Fred finally has your rifle what would be the most crucial upgrades to ask for? I want a T&T for sure but since you have to wait so long for the big day might as well get everything done at once. Besides a T&T what are some other recommended upgrades? I have a model 10FCP HS by the way.

What's wrong with your rifle now? What are you trying to accomplish?

desmo
02-07-2010, 02:12 PM
You need to deside on what trigger you are going to use, because the T&T job times THAT trigger to the action.

Would a trigger upgrade be worth it if your rifle has the stock accu-trigger setup installed on it?

Regarding why I'm cosidering more upgrades than just the T&T I figure if it take so long to get the gun in front of the Savage gunsmith extraordinaire might as well use the opportunity to my advantage and do a couple more things that might improve on the gun's stock design.

82boy
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Would a trigger upgrade be worth it if your rifle has the stock accu-trigger setup installed on it?

Depends on what you like and what you want to do with the rifle. Some people love the accu-trigger, and are plenty happy with it. Some people shoot a factory class and keep this trigger for this reason. Some people don't care for the feel of the accu-trigger or want something that the accu-trigger can not accomplish, and therefore they change triggers. IMO I think the SSS competition trigger is leaps and bound better than any accu-trigger, and if you need a true 2oz trigger the SSS evolution is the only option available at this time. The main thing is to decide what you want before you have the action T&T'ed.

Toyoda
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I stayed with the accutrigger, I like it.
I stoned all the surfaces to smooth them out and installed a varmint spring. I cut down the accutrigger spring to make it a little lighter.

desmo
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Ya I think I'll stay with mine too.

Does the T&T job include a longer tactical bolt handle and the lift kit? Are they all part of the package or sold independently?

82boy
02-07-2010, 03:04 PM
The SSS T&T job includes a lift kit, but if you want a tactical bolt handle you will have to purchase it separately. You do not have to have to bolt handle at the time of the T&T, changing it will NOT affect the timing.