PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Shooter Supply

Pages : 1 [2]

desmo
02-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Just unscrew it, nothing will fly out. Now when you go to put it back together you need to decock the bolt so that the threads of the screw will start, then recock it on the edge of a work bench.

Is it easy to decock the bolt while the screw is out? Isn't everything lose at that point without the screw compressing everything within the bolt housing? Can you decock the bolt before you take out the bolt action screw?

82boy
02-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Yes, decock the bolt when you have it apart and you are ready to put it back togeather, Place the Back action screw (BAS) and start is a few threads, (A turn or two) and then recock the bolt and finish tighting down the BAS.

desmo
02-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Yes, decock the bolt when you have it apart and you are ready to put it back togeather, Place the Back action screw (BAS) and start is a few threads, (A turn or two) and then recock the bolt and finish tighting down the BAS.

That's great, thanks for the tip!

BTW, anyone use one of SSS's longer tactical bolt handles with their Savage? Do they improve the heavy bolt lift issue at all for you?

82boy
02-07-2010, 03:21 PM
BTW, anyone use one of SSS's longer tactical bolt handles with their Savage? Do they improve the heavy bolt lift issue at all for you?

I have them on all my Savage rifles, and have a few spares laying around. Yes, they will improve some bolt lift issues. I find that there is a noticable diference going from the factory BT(Big knob) handle to the SSS.

desmo
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM

I have them on all my Savage rifles, and have a few spares laying around. Yes, they will improve some bolt lift issues. I find that there is a noticable diference going from the factory BT(Big knob) handle to the SSS.

Do you have any RH black tactical handles laying?

tenwalker
02-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Last Aug. I sent them my barrel and action for T&T, thread and chamber and crown the barrel. Had it back in about 10 weeks like they told me. I just talked to Lisa and she gave an approx. date for me to ship and my number. I shipped it and it came back within a week of when they said it would. Just sit back and be patient because there is a reason they are so busy is "Because They Are GOOD" at what they do.

82boy
02-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Do you have any RH black tactical handles laying?

These are my personal bolt handle's and they are not for sale. (Also I like shiny things, nothing black) You would have to contact SSS for a bolt handle, your looking for.

Blue Avenger
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
sure do, just like a longer pry bar will help lift.

desmo
02-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Well got my appointment with SSS for the second week in April. Going to do the True and Time Action along with a Tactical Bolt Handle. That should solve the heavy bolt lift problem once and for all.

dolomite_supafly
02-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Dolomite

stumpjumper400
02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I talked to Lisa yesterday and the T&T list is still working on the second week in April. I have to wait for the first week in May just because I won't be home to take apart the action untill then. After you send it in, what is the usual turn around time?

Steve

Peter_Kirch
02-09-2010, 01:41 PM
3-4 weeks is the usual turn around.