PDA

View Full Version : re-using a muck,d up barrel vid

eddiesindian
07-18-2013, 09:43 PM
I know this isnt a Savage being re-barrel,d, but "to me" an informative video. Very well film,d.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ufes_zrZmg

FW Conch
07-20-2013, 01:52 AM
No wonder we love Savage so much !

eddiesindian
07-21-2013, 08:22 PM
I hear ya.
I do however find it interesting to watch a good smith at work

stangfish
07-21-2013, 08:55 PM
I hear ya.
I do however find it interesting to watch a good smith at work

This is also a required watch for fledgling gun mechanics/parts swappers as it gives insight into chamber alignment with all things being in the same axis, as well as it giving and understanding of headspacing.

eddiesindian
07-22-2013, 09:33 PM
This is also a required watch for fledgling gun mechanics/parts swappers as it gives insight into chamber alignment with all things being in the same axis, as well as it giving and understanding of headspacing.

thats a fact
Ive been a Ford Certified Tech for 35yrs and I gotta say that while I still enjoy the diagnostics and fixing of todays advanced autos, (bumper to bumper), I find gun smithing so interesting. Theres no replacement for an expierenced gun smith.
I know I must have upwards of 18K invested in my tools of my trade, but i have a feeling that all the tools needed to be a certified g/s will surpass that (easily).
One things for sure. If I had a lathe and "some" tools to go with it.....Id have to find myself a new home/wife......:(