PDA

View Full Version : Action Timed and Trued by Stockade?

Pages : 1 [2]

LRJammer
07-24-2013, 12:07 AM
I am glad that your one and only order was returned so quickly....I am posting my experience from four different rifle/stock builds from Kevin (so I am bemused that I am wrong). One build that was SUPPOSED to be a three week build took **** near 6 months, Two of the stocks were supposed to be a 8-14 week build....took a few additional months. The work he does is great, I am not suggesting it is not.

How about the OP post his: send and return time (from start to finish), and include the suggested turn-around "wait time." I hope I am wrong....

The work I had done was a true and time so basically just machine work. Sounds like there may be something to there being delays on other aspects (such as stocks) that he may not have control of. Fortunately I do all my own stock work so I am not dependant upon a smith for that kind of work. However, I have waited 4-5 months for blueprint and rebarrel from other well known smiths that quoted me 30-45 days turnaround.

mattri
08-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Sorry for the long delay but things have been nuts here, The action was returned within the time quoted and the price was exactly what they said it would be. Haven't had a chance to work with it yet but so far the customer service side of things has been excellent.

stangfish
08-14-2013, 08:28 PM
I want to add a bit to the equation. When dealing with products or services that are not off the shelf items, you are competing for a service or product that is possibly unique to the supplier you have chosen. Often hand made or at least rare compared to buying something from the large outdoor stores. There are tens of thousands of new gun owners with countless savages being part of that number. The internet and the forums quickly spread the word about quality products. It was just two or three years ago you could buy prefit/used barrels any day of the week for you savage. Only the less famous brands have barrels in stock today. It is a new world for savage owners.

243LPR
08-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Do you have to go through an ffl to send him an action? Or can it just be UPS'd straight to him?

geargrinder
08-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Do you have to go through an ffl to send him an action? Or can it just be UPS'd straight to him?

It can go straight there, and he can send it straight back to you.

Nandy
08-14-2013, 11:38 PM
You need an ffl if the gun is changing ownership. At least that was what I was told.

87predator
08-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Mattri,
Let us know what you think of it after you've ran it through the courses.
Still waiting on mine, but as of last week, he had not received the barrel yet.

mattri
08-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Will definitely post more, hopefully sooner than later but between work and family obligations I'm up to my eyeballs. Have a new stock from Boydds that I haven't even unpacked yet.