PDA

View Full Version : Question about new Timney trigger adjustment and heavy bolt.

Matte ads
07-12-2013, 12:12 AM
New here. I have Savage 10 FCP-HS in 308. I recently installed CDI bottom metal and Timney trigger. I noticed last night that the Timney was very very light. So I broke it back out cleared it and ran the bolt a few times and noticed I was tripping the trigger by running the bolt. Because of this I pulled the action out and readjusted the sear. Timney instructions state to install the bolt and tighten the sear screw until it trips then to back it out !/6 of a turn. This time I backed it out 1/4 of a turn. I then added trigger weight. I am frustrated and disolutioned with my mistake and the fact that I was getting slam fires. Now that I don't get them "cocking" after a dry fire is stupid hard (maybe it is my mind playing tricks on me). Can the new trigger adjustment possibly cause the bolt cocking to be this difficult? Could this just be something really didn't realize before? It catches at the very top of the upper movement of cycling the action.

Thanks for any advise or insight you may have.

Matt