PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Got new B.mag today..................hmmmm

Pages : 1 [2]

maximo
08-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi Irish,

My problem is I have plenty of 20 gr ammo and can not find 25 gr. When we go on a squirrel shoot you can shoot 400 rounds a day real easy and I have enought 20 gr for a good one day shoot. I have been wanting to find 25 gr and see if the rifle will shoot as well or any better than the 20 gr.

Frank

JG26_Irish
08-13-2013, 12:09 AM
I am told that the B-mag likes the 25g'ers better than the faster but less accurate 20's. Comes down to how accurate is enough? The gray squirrels that we shoot are rarely more than 50 yds away. 1/2" groups at that distance is good enough for me.

Irish

plinkin
08-13-2013, 12:36 AM
I am told that the B-mag likes the 25g'ers better than the faster but less accurate 20's. Comes down to how accurate is enough? The gray squirrels that we shoot are rarely more than 50 yds away. 1/2" groups at that distance is good enough for me.

Irish

My B.Mag likes the 25's better than the 20's. Like I said before though, once I weighed out everything the fliers became minimal. I am looking forward to shooting the weighed 20's. I am betting the 20's group better now.

maximo
08-13-2013, 12:54 AM
The squirrels we shoot are ground squirrels and they are on the small side, most around 6 to 8 inches. They are in hay fields and if the new crop is 2 or 3 inches tall that does not leave much squirrel to shoot at. In the a.m. you will get a lot of shooting around 50 yards but as the day moves on you can be shooting over 100 yards. I am using a Leupold VX-1 3x9 scope with Leupold mounts on my Savage B Magnum. I am using the same setup on 2 Magnum Research 22 Magnum automatics and a Savage 17 HMR.

Frank