PDA

View Full Version : Model 10FCP-K stock and muzzle brake questions

indianspwns
07-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Just acquired a Savage Model 10FCP-K and I thought you guys might be able to answer a couple questions I have about it. First, I was thinking about using it in some competitions at some point, but it looks like I can't use a muzzle brake in competitions so I'd need to remove it. Does anybody know where I could get a thread protector that would fit this barrel? Does Savage sell them?

Second, the accustock seems nice but with all my AR-15s I'm kind of sick of black rifles. Some of the other stocks Savage makes like the digital camo accustock for the Model 10PC seem like a nice change. I know that some people can't stand the digital camo though, so I thought I might be able to find somebody willing to trade or just sell me their camo stock. Are those pretty much interchangeable between the different model 10s, or is barrel contour difference going to be an issue?

stangfish
07-09-2013, 06:13 PM
midway and brownels sell them made by makers like Yankee Hill and EGW.

Bing/Google is your friend. http://www.bing.com/search?q=5%2F8-24+muzzle+thread+protector&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=5%2F8-24+muzzle+thread+protector&sc=0-21&sp=-1&sk=

indianspwns
07-09-2013, 06:14 PM
See I didn't know the thread size, so I didn't know what to search for. Thanks for the help.

Joe L
07-11-2013, 07:08 AM
5/8x24, don't know about the stock for sure, but you will need a stock for a bottom bolt release short action gun. I have an FCP-K and am very happy with it.

Joe