PDA

View Full Version : Model 110 BA

aimatit
02-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Anyone know how the Model 110 BA barrel attaches to the receiver-Does it use the barrel nut ? Also does the rifle have an accu-trigger?

darkker
02-04-2010, 02:56 AM
www.savagearms.com
"accu-trigger - Yes"
Yes it is a nut gun.
It is a Standard Savage, in a MagPul stock

jc
02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I believe the action is larger than a standard savage 110. But is a normal savage design just bigger everywere.

kevinj308
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
So nobody knows the shank size yet?

sharpshooter
02-05-2010, 12:25 AM
I believe the action is larger than a standard savage 110. But is a normal savage design just bigger everywere.

I've seen one....there not bigger. They still use a 1.125" shank barrel and the large smooth barrel nut.

jc
02-05-2010, 01:03 AM

I've seen one....there not bigger. They still use a 1.125" shank barrel and the large smooth barrel nut.

Good to here some more solid info on them. I had just heard from someone that had shot one for a few months that the action was "bigger in every way". Guess not, sorry for the miss info.
So does that mean that all the stuff about the bolt head not being strong enough for the 338 lapua do to bolt thrust is no longer a worry? Or did they beef up the bolt head and lugs on the BA? Do you have any more info other than the shank size you could share? Is the action the same size OD and length? Thanks for any info.

sharpshooter
02-06-2010, 01:30 AM
I had a lengthy discussion with Chris Bessina about the changes. The receiver has a small ejection port like the target actions and he stated that they added .050" to the lug abutments. This amounts to moving the magazine and loading ramp back .050". It uses the new "heavy magnum" bolt head , which has 9/16" lugs (length) rather than the standard 1/2". The receiver is the same diameter and has the same foot print as the standard 110. They use 8-40 scope mount screws for the tri-rail.
The surface area of the lugs are still the same, and I questioned that to which he replied that they tested it to destruction.
I am rather skeptical, but if that's the configuration of rifle you want, it's probably fine, but in my honest opinion, if I was gonna build a .338 Lapua, I would opt for a custom action like a Stiller Tac action, it's built especially for the cartridge.

aimatit
02-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Sharpshooter, I appreciate an honest evaluation and opinion, especially from someone that has the knowledge and experience that you do. Thanks.

stumpjumper400
03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I know this post is old but I have a question about the BA. Between the two calibers, is the action the same for the 338 and the 300 win?

Steve