PDA

View Full Version : Hot As Blazes

Dogbone
07-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Made it back home to NJ from PA around 6 PM Friday. Thought about going out today, but it was blistering hot so I ran some errands and stayed inside.

After dinner I got itchy feet and took off for the closest farm to see what I could see. It was still hot and humid and very uncomfortable.

As soon as I drove on to the property I spotted one that spotted me and ran for cover. Kept on going and spotted another. Same deal. Waited around for a half hour, but no show. Decided to go back for the first one. Saw him before he saw me. Got up on the tailgate of the truck and used the cap as a bench rest. 180 yds. Zippered him right up the back and opened him up like a can of sardines. Sorry, no pic.

Went back for the second one from a different angle. Just as I got into position he disappeared behind a shed. So I drove back over to the spot where I first saw him. We played cat and mouse for the better part of thirty minutes, but I could not get a clean shot cause he was behind a fence that was part wood and part wire. He finally called it quits and went back under the shed. He and I will wait for another day.