PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to Boyds and Stocky's

Pages : 1 [2]

7.62nato
07-07-2013, 03:28 PM
All weather warrior(newer models) trigger gaurds are stainless and bottom bolt release. Sorry to hijack.....I've got a Model 16 international Hunter XP that I would like to swap polymer trigger guard for stainless. Under my serial number only shows polymer part. Where does one get a stainless version w/o serial number?

brasse
07-07-2013, 04:38 PM
7.62nato; Try 105897 for a stainless trigger guard. Not sure if that is the bottom bolt release (probably) or regular, call Savage to find out. You did not say side or bottom bolt release?

BThrr, that is using your noodle. So many people bad mouth the stock plastic stock; the Accustock gets taken down at the same time. There are probably a lot of Accustocks out there that could be great upgrades. A lot of people don't want to take off the barrel themselves, but you did a little milling in plastic. Dremel? And photos?

7.62nato
07-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Sorry, I thought the International hunter XP was new for 2012 so I did not specify but it is bottom release. Thanks, I will try the number for a stainless trigger guard.

stangfish
07-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Actually this entire thread was in response to all the negative posts on Accustock replacement stocks. Everything is ALWAYS, YOU CAN'T DO THIS, YOU CAN'T DO THAT. I have been long range looking at replacing my Accustock, nearly everything I was looking at would work, except one stock that is listed as Savage and Remington but "unfortunately" isn't available for the Savage.

thomae and stangfish love to stir the pot. Hook line and sinker.

Somethings fishy. You actually stated that it would not fit and showed photographic proof...proof of a poor observation. We all have done it. Even scope eye has done it. We all laghed and moved on. Heck. I stick my foot in my mouth all the time. Thomae won't let me forget. Its all good brother I just had to call Bovine fecal matter. LOL

brasse
07-07-2013, 07:54 PM
So long as we can all laugh. How did scope eye get pulled in?

Actually a lot of good info came out of this thread.

It comes down the stock sellers not sticking their arse out. Better info from their sites would lead to more sales. They are doing much better, their sites are much improved, and they are offering more products.

During the early 2013 gun shortage, it was observed that Savage would be sold out, while the cheaper Remington and Mossberg would sit in the display. Axis was sold out at a lot of stores.

So why isn't after market stock come out for the Axis?

stangfish
07-07-2013, 08:25 PM
He had a problem with a cocking indicator one time. He had never seen it and was going bananas over the whole idea. He caught all kinds of grief from other posters. It was much like this post where there was some misinformation going around. It was an issue due to the fact he was making bolt lift kits for free and passing them out to everyone(on his dime and out of his pocket). Some he sent out to unknowing request that they don't work with a cocking indicator bolt without some additional mods.

As for the stocks the problem is more with savage making too many changes for the aftermarket to keep up. The lug is never an issue on an aftermarket stock. One of the issues is everybody wants a perfect fit every time all the time. With the variations that savage has, a Dremel is not only your friend but is a required tool. Making mods on the fly is what Savage owners have come to enjoy.

AR-15's are all of the same design and most everything is mil spec so if you make it to fit a S&W it will fit a Rock River. Bolt action rifles are different from manufacturer to manufacturer. If you have never been in business you may not realize that profits need to be as close to a sure thing as possible in a successful business plan. It has only been recently that the axis has garnished a following that was interested in upgrading the stock. At least that is the way I see it.

scope eye
07-07-2013, 08:41 PM
"It was an issue due to the fact he was making bolt lift kits for free and passing them out to everyone(on his dime and out of his pocket). Some he sent out to unknowing request that they don't work with a cocking indicator bolt without some additional mods."

You know what they say no good deed goes unpunished, I spent over $500.00 on that whole bolt lift thing, I was not going to let a couple of fill in blank______ wreck it for they others.

Dean

stangfish
07-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I know you wouldn't my brother. You're a good man. Now Brasse has got big shoes to fill.

brasse
07-07-2013, 09:45 PM
LOL.

By the way, who has those .140 extractor detent balls?

stangfish
07-07-2013, 11:53 PM
McMaster Carr!:cool:

scope eye
07-08-2013, 06:08 AM
LOL.

By the way, who has those .140 extractor detent balls?

I do give me your GPS c ordinance and I will load them up in a hot load in my 12ga and see if they can make it from here. LOL
No seriously PM me you info I will gladly send you some.

Dean