PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Savage 420 12 gauge-

unclebluehorse
07-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Hello,

New here as of today

I am the proud new owner of a nice Savage model 420 12 gauge O/U shotgun. Very good condition except it appears to be missing the ejector. Numrich lists these but I do not know if I need the "New Style" or the "Old Style" The only number on the gun is 3586 and appears on the lug of the bottom barrel and inside the fore end stamped into the metal latching part.

Any help is appreciated,

Unclebluehorse

J.Baker
07-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Can't imagine they're too expensive so why not order one of each just to be safe?

unclebluehorse
07-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Can't imagine they're too expensive so why not order one of each just to be safe?

That would certainly be the "shotgun" approach. I prefer to get the correct one and leave the other for someone else that may need it.

J.Baker
07-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Well, the fact is there's not a lot of people here or anywhere that will be able to tell you specifically which one you need, especially without having the gun in their hands or being able to see what your existing extractor looks like. In other words, you could be waiting an eternity for a definitive answer based solely on that persons speculation as to which your gun came with. As for leaving the other there for someone else that may need it, I'm sure Numrick's allows returns.

unclebluehorse
07-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Well, the fact is there's not a lot of people here or anywhere that will be able to tell you specifically which one you need, especially without having the gun in their hands or being able to see what your existing extractor looks like. In other words, you could be waiting an eternity for a definitive answer based solely on that persons speculation as to which your gun came with. As for leaving the other there for someone else that may need it, I'm sure Numrick's allows returns.

Hi Thanks for the info. I ordered a "new style " from Numrich arms. I am hoping it is a better version than the "old style" as compared to a production modification designed to save material.

unclebluehorse