PDA

View Full Version : Trigger job - go for evo or stick to factory?

Stockrex
07-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I want a SSS evo and have it tuned to 2oz for bench gun (6mmbr), My LRPV has the red factory trigger, do I send it out for a T&T and then replace the factory red trigger with an EVO? or do send out a regular short action for the T&T job and Evo trigger? or should I just stick to the factory trigger and take down as much as possible without slam fires? Also, what do you have your trigger set to on your bench gun?

82boy
07-01-2013, 10:57 PM
First define "Bench gun."

When SSS does a T&T job they time the action to the trigger, so with that said you have to make up your mind of what trigger you will use before the T&T job. If you change triggers, you will have to have the action re-timed, Also SSS will not sell you an Evo triggers for you to install. All Evo triggers must be installed by them.

All my Benchrest guns have 2 oz or lower triggers. There is no comparison between an SSS trigger and any Factory trigger. My Axis Benchrest gun does have a SSS re-worked accu-trigger that reliably breaks at 4 oz. The guns does well and has won me some money.

Stockrex
07-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Patrick, bench = bench rest, which actions do you utilize for your 2oz trigger bench rest guns? Yes, I am going to send the actions over to SSS, but I just can't make up my mind which ones to send out, I am split between my dual port target actions or a SS short action

82boy
07-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Patrick, bench = bench rest, which actions do you utilize for your 2oz trigger bench rest guns? Yes, I am going to send the actions over to SSS, but I just can't make up my mind which ones to send out, I am split between my dual port target actions or a SS short action

The problem is to most people occasionally shooting from an bench, and using the gun for hunting and everything else they consider a Benchrest gun. In my Bats, and Pandas, I use jewels 1.5 oz triggers. I have a couple of Evolution triggers that break at 2oz, in my Savage actions. As mentioned my Axis Benchrest gun breaks at 4oz. If you going to build a dedicated Benchrest gun, then you will want the dual port action, because in this game speed is the word.

Stockrex
07-16-2013, 09:35 PM
which action will be faster to cycle shooting sitting on a bench, I am right handed and right eye dominant. A dual port or a left port/right bolt action?

82boy
07-16-2013, 10:50 PM
A dual port will be slightly faster, as it will eject the brass out the right side, the rblp most do not have ejectors, and you will have to pick the cases out. With a little practice, you can open the bolt throw in a live cartridge, and then pick out the fired case, and be just as fast as the guys shooting the dual ports.