PDA

View Full Version : Fitting the action in the accustock

_shooter_
06-30-2013, 01:36 AM
G'day all, just took my new fcm scout apart to check out the accustock, now I can not for the life of my fit it back? Is there some kind of trick? It can't possible fit back together. I cannot get the lug to drop back in the gap?

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p558/micko43/null_zpsb81cdc9b.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p558/micko43/null_zpsdd6e8dd4.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

SlimySquirrel
06-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Eek... looks like the lug was in there tight?

Did you have to pull it out with any force?

You might have to try lowering it in with the stock in a Vice? Just be sure to pad up the Vice so you don't damage the stock....

My Mod 10 Predator goes back in with no issues so I'm just guessing....

_shooter_
06-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Yeah mate it was in there pretty firm. Thanks for the reply I was wondering if they were just suppose to slip in without force.

SlimySquirrel
06-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Have you tried some kind of Dry Lube? They are supposed to be torqued back in once taken apart..

Maybe even a call to Savage might help?

stangfish
06-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Have you tried to remove the lug clamp and throw it in the trash?

You-Two
07-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Did you loosen the bolt for the Accuwedge? That is the bolt in front of the front action screw.

_shooter_
07-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Have you tried some kind of Dry Lube? They are supposed to be torqued back in once taken apart..

Maybe even a call to Savage might help?

Ill will try some dry lube tonight, I could call savage I'm over in Australia so don't know if it'd be much help, cheers

_shooter_
07-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Did you loosen the bolt for the Accuwedge? That is the bolt in front of the front action screw.

Hi you-two yes I did I removed it completely to get the action out of the stock.

You-Two
07-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Well...my only Accustock rifle is a 12FCV. What has worked for me is loosening the Accuwedge bolt just about all the way, turning it upside-down, and tilting the forend towards the floor. This allows the Accuwedge to drop forward and give space for the recoil lug to slip in nicely. You insert the barreled action upside-down also...slipping the recoil lug in from the rear so it doesn't force the wedge down and block the gap. Of course, I think Savage has stopped using the Accuwedge altogether, so you could probably get away with just taking the darn thing out.

stangfish
07-02-2013, 02:27 AM
You stated that you removed it to take the action out but you did not state if you put it back in. If you did replace it, have you tried permanantly removing the unnecessary accu wedge and discarding/storing it? If you remove it, installation issues will cease to exist and you may find you have better accuracy.

J.Baker
07-02-2013, 09:00 AM
You stated that you removed it to take the action out but you did not state if you put it back in. If you did replace it, have you tried permanantly removing the unnecessary accu wedge and discarding/storing it? If you remove it, installation issues will cease to exist and you may find you have better accuracy.

What he said. Savage quit using the wedge after about 6-8 months of production as even they saw it offered no real benefit.

_shooter_
07-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Well...my only Accustock rifle is a 12FCV. What has worked for me is loosening the Accuwedge bolt just about all the way, turning it upside-down, and tilting the forend towards the floor. This allows the Accuwedge to drop forward and give space for the recoil lug to slip in nicely. You insert the barreled action upside-down also...slipping the recoil lug in from the rear so it doesn't force the wedge down and block the gap. Of course, I think Savage has stopped using the Accuwedge altogether, so you could probably get away with just taking the darn thing out.

Ok I will try that method
cheers