PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: B Mag Scope Tip

Monkeymaster
06-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Well,
I installed a Redfield 3x9x40 Revolution scope on my B mag.
I used Weaver Quad Lock Medium bases.
The bolt clearence was very dicey when cycling, it would cycle fine, however there was enough play at the end of the rearward travel that it would touch, and eventually scratch up the side of the eye piece.
So, I used a set of High Weaver Quad Lock bases.
Now I have plenty of clearence, with no worries about scratching up the scope.
Just thought I would put that out there for those who have yet to get their B Mag, something to watch out for.
Still looking/waiting/praying for some 17 WSM ammo.

JCalhoun
06-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Good info. Thanks for sharing it.

J.Baker
06-29-2013, 08:10 PM
For some strange reason this really doesn't surprise me.

Poor Shot
07-01-2013, 10:31 PM
I've ordered Weaver X-high rings and a Weaver 6.5-20X44 scope for the .17wsm I have coming. After reading this thread, I think this combination might work but be close.

plinkin
07-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Well,
I installed a Redfield 3x9x40 Revolution scope on my B mag.
I used Weaver Quad Lock Medium bases.
The bolt clearence was very dicey when cycling, it would cycle fine, however there was enough play at the end of the rearward travel that it would touch, and eventually scratch up the side of the eye piece.
So, I used a set of High Weaver Quad Lock bases.
Now I have plenty of clearence, with no worries about scratching up the scope.
Just thought I would put that out there for those who have yet to get their B Mag, something to watch out for.
Still looking/waiting/praying for some 17 WSM ammo.

I've been using Leupold Rifleman rings on my rim fires & center fires. Here is my little tid bit of info.

Use the HIGH rings with standard bases with scopes with a 44MM AO - 50mmAO
Medium rings with any 40 - 44mm objective and some 42mmAO (others go directly to the HIGH

When adding a DIP base or EGW go from HIGH - MED, & MED - LOW

I like to keep it simple. Those rings are under $20, billet aluminum, they don't scratch up the scope and they hold great then torqued to specs.