PDA

View Full Version : Article: Redfield Revege 3-9X42mm Dial-N-Shoot Review

JCalhoun
06-29-2013, 04:40 AM
You can view the page at http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?208-Redfield-Revege-3-9X42mm-Dial-N-Shoot-Review

Speedrat1
06-29-2013, 11:41 PM
JC It would have been nice to know more of what you actually thought of the scope functionally. The bullet drop material you weren't able to test and verify so....... What about clarity, brightness in different lighting and at differing distances? Just my two cents.

dwa
07-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Not really understanding this review. It's incomplete and should have been finished.

JCalhoun
07-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Update.

My brother decided he was interested in trying the scope so he picked up a Leupold extended base to mount on his 110 in .270Win. With the extended base there is about 3/16 of an inch from the rings to the end of the tube making the turning of the power ring troublesome.

He noted that the scope was bright at 3X but dim and fuzzy at 9X. He followed the instructions for sighting the scope and swapping the elevation knob to the .270 cam. While he was trying on the steel silhouettes the range has going from 200y to 500y he said it stopped adjusting. The elevation does go up or down. So he replaced it with the low buck scope that comes on the package rifles. He also noted that the optics on the factory installed Bushnell were very similar to the Redfield.

I'm going to check it out later to see if the problem with the scope is anything obvious.