PDA

View Full Version : "DBM to Blind Magazine"

OLEJOE
06-27-2013, 11:47 AM
How would a person go about converting a DBM to a blind magazine or a hinged floor plate ? The stocks I have viewed look like they would be easier to use if my 111 TH could use one of these. I really like this rifle, but I think it would work better with either one of these. I'm new to Savages so I don't know what would be involved in the conversion. Any help would be appreciated.

stangfish
06-27-2013, 12:38 PM
For future reference questions like this are simplifed if you state your mag type. Going to a blind mag from a dbm is simply changing to the correct stock and insuring the stock and action are compatable with regards to magazine design. SF or CF. Depending on your type of magazine going to a hinged floorplate is a change of parts. I believe the 116 came with a hinged floorplate..at least on some models.

OLEJOE
06-27-2013, 07:29 PM
It's a centerfeed model. I forget they are or were available in staggerfeed also.

stangfish
06-27-2013, 07:37 PM
DBM CF rifle to a blind mag- Aquire CF blind mag stock with 4.4 action screw spacing. Aquire CF mag L-clip. Remove barreled action from DBM stock. Remove mag frame and follower from DBM hardware. Install in new CF BM stock using L-clip in the rear. Inspect installation. Install barreled action in stock. Inspect trigger, safety and bolt/feed function.

DBM to hinged floor plate is much the same but there are some differences in stocks and hardware. Some may fit and some may not. It would be best to buy the stock and the hardware that fits that stock. I have seen two different designs that I can think of and I think it has to do with the profile of the stock and the way the HFP is disigned to fit in the poocket.

OLEJOE
06-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks alot for the info. I guess it depends on which stock I decide I like. Thanks again.