PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: accutrigger conversion

22addict
06-27-2013, 07:51 AM
im wondering if i can take my standard non accutrigger mark II and convert it with a new trigger group from an accutrigger rifle?

reclaimerroger
06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
If you have never been to rimfirecentral.com you should try it. Seems to have more people jumping in to help with questions like yours. I just received my first Savage today a MKll GL. Is doesn't have an accutrigger and the trigger is not great. You might be better off with your accutrigger. I haven't had time to try to help the trigger out a little but intend to try.

JCalhoun
06-27-2013, 10:40 PM
The older non-AT rimfires have horrendous triggers. The quick and easy method to fix them is the brass shim method that is posted on rimfirecentral.

reclaimerroger
06-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Thanks JCalhoun I am trying to work up enough nerve to attack my trigger. I haven't worked on guns but am fairly mechanically inclined. I can probably screw it up proficiently.

JCalhoun
06-28-2013, 01:46 PM
If worse comes to worse you can replace it with an aftermarket trigger.

sharpshooter
06-28-2013, 07:22 PM
The non-accutrigger MKII's will not upgrade to an accutrigger because the bolt is completely different.

reclaimerroger
06-29-2013, 08:10 PM
If worse comes to worse you can replace it with an aftermarket trigger.

Tackled the trigger fix. First attempt at shim the shim was too thick. Second one .024 worked fine. I should have just cut my feeler gauge first but had a piece of metal that I thought would work. Had no way of measuring the thickness, but it looked close. After wasting a couple of hours preparing it and installing it I bit the bullet and used my feeler gauge. Replace the sear spring with the famous ball point pen. Had to drill the sear out a little bit. Also shimmed the trigger pin. The gun works fine and what a difference in the trigger. Wish I had a trigger pull gauge. May try one of the jury rigged suggestions to measure it.

waltt7420
06-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Watch that pen spring as you shoot the rifle. I tried that and the spring failed after a few hundred rounds. At first the trigger wouldn't reset without a re-cock, then it started to slam fire when the bolt was closed.
I replaced it with a spring from a worn out set of diagonal cutters, still very light but a much better spring than the junk that comes in a pen.

reclaimerroger
06-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Watch that pen spring as you shoot the rifle. I tried that and the spring failed after a few hundred rounds. At first the trigger wouldn't reset without a re-cock, then it started to slam fire when the bolt was closed.
I replaced it with a spring from a worn out set of diagonal cutters, still very light but a much better spring than the junk that comes in a pen.

Thanks Walt, I noticed the pen spring was awfully soft. I will keep my eye out for something more substantial. I fired about 50 rounds today and the trigger was much better but I don't need it to fail because of a junky spring.