PDA

View Full Version : Just some more p-dog fun.

5spd
06-26-2013, 09:40 PM
A good pal & I just ran 357 rounds into the p-dogs again today.
Nothing fancy, but they were out in force in this spot that does not get shot in a lot since everyone is required to walk in at least 1 mile & its not for the faint hearted.
Many doubles & triples today & hundreds for tonight's coyotes or other predators.
The more we shot, the more that popped up, (realy dumb young ones) nothing was more than a 300 yard shot and we could see hundreds more past that waiting for some lead dinner.
My .223 and my pals .220 swift were burning up in the 90* temps, lucky we had a flowing creek by us and I took a tee shirt sliced it and soaked it in the creek, then wraped it over our bbls. and a bottle of creek water to keep them wet.
I could of taken many pictures of split p-dogs, but they are all the same to me these days.
We took 4 bottles of water each to keep fresh & still ran out due to the heat & wind. We started to soak our shirts & hats in the creek to stay cool & somewhat hydrated in those 6 hours.
This is one of the areas I sent Dave & his pals to shoot.
Dave it seems like you all didn't shoot any out there, the place was over run and many new towns in the valleys from 1.5 yrs ago.
The picture is a new town that was not there 2 yrs ago and runs at least 3/4 mile up that gully to the right.
I have run a tad under 4k rounds into them so far this year also.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn400/5spd1/Pdogs001.jpg (http://s321.photobucket.com/user/5spd1/media/Pdogs001.jpg.html)

03mossy
06-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Sounds like a darn good time!

shovelheadave
06-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Well Done !!

Yeah, with all the shooting we did.......we didn't even put a dent in that population. Do you notice a few burrows showing up between the two-track and the highway on the way in ?? That'll probably be loaded before long too.

Thats awesome country, I love being out there !! Thanks.

snowgetter1
06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
I just did my first p-dog hunt ever in Wyoming. What a great place with great people.

5spd
06-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Well Done !!

Yeah, with all the shooting we did.......we didn't even put a dent in that population. Do you notice a few burrows showing up between the two-track and the highway on the way in ?? That'll probably be loaded before long too.

Thats awesome country, I love being out there !! Thanks.
Yea they are within 100 yds of the parking spot & I popped 5 from that spot before we even hit the track north.
I expect the state to poison them also, they did 3 years ago and the place died within weeks.

shovelheadave
06-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Nice !!!

Sure hope they don't poison them.....we'll have to drag you up north next year if they do.

5spd
07-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Back out from 6am to 1230pm today, 231 rounds into them, same spots as last week and they still didn't dive for their lives, many flew up though and went to pieces, 9 doubles, 5 triples which is even more fun.
Was humid, hot, dry breeze and I was pretty sweaty & still glad for the creek water to keep wet. I have not even made it to the many other towns up there yet!

shovelheadave
07-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Shooting PDs just never gets old !!!

Well Done !!!