PDA

View Full Version : Problem With SAV-1 On A Flatback Long Action 111

cheezie
06-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I just attempted to install a new Rifle Basics SAV-1 trigger on a flatback long-action (an older 111FCXP3 which has a 30-06 DBM released by a plastic side button.) I was able to install the trigger in place of the factory trigger, but the sear was tight, the trigger would not release or pull, and the bolt would not operate. Upon inspection and comparison with the stock trigger, the reason became clear - the SAV-1 trigger was at least 0.050 too high in the area of the pull weight spring and was wedging against the safety slide. I called Clay Mitchell of Rifle Basix, who said he had experienced no problems of this nature with 110/111 actions but had the exact same misfit crop up recently on some new Stevens 200 actions that they were trying to get to the bottom of understanding. Clay was extremely cooperative and advised me to return it rather than try any "file-to-fix" ideas. My question to the forum is, "has anyone else had experience with installing a Rifle Basix SAV-1 in an older flatback Savage 111 action that could shed any light on this?"

Thanks mucho,
Cheezie

stangfish
06-24-2013, 10:42 PM
I think I have heard of some guys doing light grinding to fix this rather than wait on a modified one from RB. Let someone who has done it chime in.