PDA

View Full Version : 110 saftey

Handi204
06-23-2013, 09:28 PM
I just finished a barrel swap on my 110 with a 3 screw trigger. The problem is with the safety I adjusted the trigger to its lightest setting, then the safety button would not work, fixed that then sometimes the safety would work sometimes not even with safety on it would go off sometimes not readjust work fine pull the trigger recock set the safety to on position pull the trigger it goes off next time the safety works. now I have the trigger set at an higher weight seems to be working, Any idea why sometimes the safety works and sometimes it don't. I gave everything good cleaning before I started, nothing appears to be wore out.
Handi204

stangfish
06-23-2013, 11:38 PM
The trigger pull and the safety adjustment are independent. When your trigger is set light the trigger does not completely engage the sear making the rear of the trigger impede the safety movement. If you push the trigger forward in its current light setting you will more than likely be able to operate your safety.

Adjust the spring till you get full engagement(as you close the bolt the sear is making contact with the screw). Then adjust your safety.

FWIW, stop trying to get a target trigger out of something that was designed to be set at a minimum of 3.5 lbs or more.

Handi204
06-24-2013, 08:03 AM
I would be happy at 3.5 lbs if it works properly.
Handi