PDA

View Full Version : which way to go ??? boyd or bobby hart ?

kwiq4u2006
06-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Ok im very new so here it goes I picked up a savage 11 vt other words heavy barrel 24 inch short action det mag bolt release on bottom with accutrigger so I want a new stock I really like the woods so which is better bobby hart lrt or a boyd if I go hart I need to order some parts from savage no biggie and put the bedding blocks in . and it makes a blind mag im ok with that so with it being a blind mag do I need high rise scope mounts and can I still use a bipod or will it damage the laminated wood ? and its a .308 if wondering sorry im short hand typing

bootsmcguire
06-20-2013, 10:20 PM
I have had 2 of the Hart LRT's and have shot several of the boyds thumbhole varmints on my buddies' guns. For field/hunting use, my preference is for the Boyds. for target, bench, and prone types of shooting my preference is for the Hart.

The hart just seems to be very steady off the bags and bi-pods on the bench or prone. Lends itself pretty well to those positions. The Boyds does too but for me just isn't as comfortable. Now from shooting stix, free-hand, and taller sitting type bi-pods the Hart is cumbersome, heavy, and feels bulky in those situations. The Boyds does much better for free-hand and stix, and is great on my sitting height bi-pod. If I had to chose 1 to do it all the Boyds would most likely get the vote, but if you are going bench and prone then go for the Hart. JMO.

derrelw
07-01-2013, 09:04 AM
I would go with the Bobby Hart, the fit and finish is awesome.