PDA

View Full Version : HS Precision of Stockade

montana_native
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Looking for a varmint stock for my 223 AI with bull barrel. Aside from the money savings with the Stockade stock, any reason to pick one over the other?

Thanks.

geargrinder
02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
I like the being able to custom order what I want from stockade. Downside is waiting for Kevin to make it.

HS are mass produced and available, but if you want custom you'll have to do it yourself.

As for quality, I think they are very even. I wouldn't choose one over the other based on quality.

Lefty Savage
02-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Whats the typical wait time for a Stockade?

rinodods
02-03-2010, 12:50 AM
I cheched a few weeks ago and it was running about 14-15 weeks.

dolomite_supafly
02-03-2010, 07:01 AM
My Stockade stock is as good as any out there. I got the money saver version and it definitely saved me some money. The cost to finish was about $20 in materials and probably an hours worth of work. Expect to clean up some casting flash and fill a few pinholes with glazing putty from an automotive shop. I used a foam sanding block to do the final sanding before I painted it and I think it turned out great for the money.

Something I am going to eventually try is having it Rhino lined, I just need to get down there and find out if they generally have excess from jobs. According to Stockade having this done is not a problem.

The reason why he has such a long lead time is because every stock that is made is custom made. When I had mine done the LOP was longer than standard as well as not having any swivel holes drillled by them.

Dolomite

montana_native
02-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I called and spoke with Kevin about his stocks and decided to get one. Nice guy, and it sounds like a heck of a stock for the money.

dolomite_supafly
02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
You won't be disappointed.

Dolomite

guhunter
02-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Does anybody know what the weight is for one of Stockade's Hunting Sporter stocks? I didn't see it on their site and yielded little trying to find this information doing an internet search.

geargrinder
02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Does anybody know what the weight is for one of Stockade's Hunting Sporter stocks? I didn't see it on their site and yielded little trying to find this information doing an internet search.

You could always call. Kevin likes to chat. :)

aubie515
02-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Kevin sure does like to talk. I like him a lot and if I need anything for my Savage, he will be the one that gets my phone call.