PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 5R Mil Spec 24" fluted 11:25 twist and 150GR SMK

Pages : 1 [2]

Deerhunter 28
06-20-2013, 11:18 PM
I assume 308 and you took pictures of the target?

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
Blacked out

eddiesindian
06-21-2013, 12:04 AM
I assume 308 and you took pictures of the target?

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
Blacked out
that is correct

eddiesindian
06-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Darn you and open sights. I shot expert pistol in the Navy, but could not hit the right target wit the M14. Later found out I was right handed and left eye dominant. That's why I loved shotguns and pistols.

Taught my sons with a marlin 22LR and an SKS. Up to three grandsons, teaching the oldest at 10 now. But my 17 year old granddaughter is like Annie Oakly with any pistol. She was shooting my 1911 in 38 super. I thought she was missing the target, found out she was aiming at the center target and all in the bulls eye. And her mom shoots like that too. Both shoot better than that son.

I shoot rifle left handed and pistol right handed. problem i had with pistol was that im left eye dominate, so I slowly trained myself to be right eye dominate due to my vision on my left eye gettine quirky due to an accident had had at a younger age. they had to drill a piece of metal out of my eye and at the time the doc told me not to worry, my vision would come back. it sure is hell did but what he didnt mention is that it would infact come back to haunt me at an older age...
man.....having all them grankids sure does keep you bizzy a?

eddiesindian
06-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Where are you eddie San antonio, larado, uvalde?

el paso tx

stangfish
06-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Do you shoot at fort bliss gun club?

eddiesindian
06-21-2013, 12:27 AM
i used to, but i prefer heading out to the east mountain valley...no sign in,,,no fee,s...and no people
i do however get "some" components there

stangfish
06-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Is that near hueco tanks?

eddiesindian
06-21-2013, 12:12 PM
no....there is a range out towards hueco tanks...pretty nice. id rather go there than ft bliss.
hueco tanks is far east el paso, ft bliss rod and gun club is northeast el paso

stangfish
06-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Now Im confused. I know where the Fort Bliss range is but you said you shoot at east mountain valley. I thought east mountain was near Hueco Tanks. I didn't understand your response of no. No matter I was just thinking of how you had some wide open spaces to stretch the rifle out. That is a beautiful rifle I might add.

eddiesindian
06-21-2013, 02:56 PM
sorry about that. what i meant to say is that no....ft bliss rod and gun club isnt close to heuco tanks.
ft bliss rod and gun is more on the north part of e.p.
hueco tanks is in fact far east el paso and the location where i shoot at is south of hueco tanks (southeast)
towards the out skirts of el paso going east, theres lots of flat valley,s with desert mountains all over the place. the valley where we set up for 1K is perfect becasue theres really only one way into the valley, and where we shoot at on a side of a mountain thats been partially level,s by dozers from quarry companies that blasted and dozed that area yrs ago. we have clear field of view as to anybody comming in. on the downside is that the area is ruff terrain, and I mean ruff. there is rds all over the place but if you wanna wonder of the rd you can kiss even 10-15 ply tires goodbye.

theres so many placed to set up and shot but this locations has proven to be the best. when were set up for 1k shooting, theres mountains to the left and right to partially restrick wind, but hell....this is el paso wher its always windy. ive seen the windy season go all the way thru july in the past yrs...real pain in the a**
we have tons of places to shoot at. problem is?.....ft bliss has grown so-so much that were seeing a hell of alot of them (off duty troops) head out towards our shooting sights and it can become over crowded. for the most part, there safe, but ive been around some of our troops who are gun hoe and safety isnt on the top of there too do list. Ive met up with "several" who have come back from doing 2-3-4 tours in afg/irq and I must say, there great kids...from all over the united states.
thanks for the compliment on my rifle.....havent done anything to it but paint savage logo on the stock....everything on the rifle is stock...no tirgger work...no bedding....its the best shooting/accuarte rifle Ive ever owned. the trig as you know has its down fall but ive adapted and adjused to it....got it down to about a 1.5 pull and its perfect for me. already had my issues with the trig...i took it apart,,studied it,,,cleaned it,,,,dry lubed it..adj it .....if I do my part....the rifle will dam sure do its part.... Ive inadvertingly pist off some remy shooters out there with there real nice, chassis system rems which imo are well built,great looking,accurate rifles but I guess I may have done more homework on my load development that theres.
If i can remember, Ill take my camera out this sunday (weather permitting) and take a couple of pics of the valley

stangfish
06-21-2013, 03:18 PM
I really like it up around El Capitan. Dry country to say the least. Then there is the beatifull Rio Grand Valley where everything is green like the garden of eden.

eddiesindian
06-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Its defently greener in the northern part of the rio grand. Its extremely dry here. under water restrictions and such.