PDA

View Full Version : Savage bolt won't close easily

Pages : 1 [2]

DanSavage
06-19-2013, 07:11 PM
The point I was trying to make is my bolt handle can rotate maybe .015 either way when placed in the indexed groves on the bolt body. I can actually adjust my primary extraction by what position the bolt handle is in when the BAS is tight. I'ts hard for me to explain, maybe I'll have to make a vid for youtube.

Jeg181420
06-19-2013, 07:13 PM
The point I was trying to make is my bolt handle can rotate maybe .015 either way when placed in the indexed groves on the bolt body. I can actually adjust my primary extraction by what position the bolt handle is in when the BAS is tight. I'ts hard for me to explain, maybe I'll have to make a vid for youtube.

I will check that out and will have an update tomorrow night

bodywerks
06-19-2013, 09:46 PM

I can do that with my handle, but the bolt handle will snag against the tang. Its that POS sss handle that is the OP's issue. The primary extraction ramp is very, very crudely cut and doesn't come close to matching the ramp in the baffle.

thomae
06-20-2013, 06:55 AM
The point I was trying to make is my bolt handle can rotate maybe .015 either way when placed in the indexed groves on the bolt body. Got it. I understand now. Thanks for your patience.