PDA

View Full Version : Groups like this all the time...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

JW
07-19-2013, 06:05 AM
I would not touch the barrel if it is shooting groups like you have posted
Jack

thomae
07-19-2013, 08:44 AM
:focus:
Please remember this is the Optics and Mounts section.

This is a good thread and discussion about the problems with the scope and Burris customer service, but instead of wandering off topic, please start a new thread (in the appropriate section) to discuss barrel (or other) issues.

I too am interested in how this will all pan out. Please let us know how your hunt goes.

nastynatesfish
07-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Ya I had a 300 rum do the same thing. My front action screw was way tight and I bedded it with some Devon. It'll shoot a consistent 3/4-7/8" with 210 bergers. I'd try that. Get a good inch pound torque wrench and bed it.

1983Weatherby
07-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Received my signature select 6-24x44 burris scope today. It looks great!

1983Weatherby
07-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Ok, got the scope mounted, torqued down and decided to use my laser bore sighter to get it sighted in at 25yards... For whatever reason I have only 12 clicks to the right before I have no more right windage to adjust! This is a brand new scope, new EGW one piece base, Burris XTR low rings. The elevation was right on from the factory.

I have no idea what to do at this point. Obviously something isn't right... The rifle is sitting in a bell and carlson medalist stock that has been bedded and free floated.

The only thing that makes sense at this point is the screws in the action aren't lined up correctly? I don't know what else to do at this point.

1983Weatherby
07-23-2013, 01:28 AM
Actually, I had a vortex with same base but warne rings... Maybe it's the burris XTR rings?

1983Weatherby
07-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Ok, took it to the range, had no where to start as I changed a lot of things on the gun so it's basically a new rifle that needs sighting in. I took it to 25 yards and got it on paper and then out to 100 yards. I was able to get it sighted in at 100 yards with 10 bullets.

Not great, but it's sighted in. All shots stayed within 1" of each other left to right and it tracked up and down good. I think my problem is solved!

1983Weatherby
07-26-2013, 01:54 PM
It's a tack driver now. I was shooting 1/2" - 1" groups yeseterday. Problem solved!

local4fitter
11-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Hello everyone, I seem to shoot 2 consistent groups. IE: two shots will cut and then the next two will cut, but be an inch lower in the exact same pattern. I can't tell if its me flinching consistently or of it is the optics or mounts?

I have the rifle bedded in a bell and Carlson medalist stock with aluminum bedding block. It's a 300wby cartridge.

Optics are burris 6-24x44 signature scope. It has their forever warrantee.

I am not sure on the base and rings as I bought the rifle used.

It still shoots sub MOA, but if that issue was able to get squared away I should be able to shoot a 4 shot group at .30" instead of 1.0" at 100 yards. I have tried different hand loads and it doesn't seem to matter. I can never get all 4 to cut. They are always the same pattern, just the second 2 are ALWAYS 1" low.

Once I get enough posts to attach a picture I will.

Your original post says the rifle is bedded in a Bell&Carlson stock. Do you mean that you also used bedding in addition to being screwed to the aluminum bedding block?

local4fitter
11-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Disregard last post. I missed a few posts when reading thread.