PDA

View Full Version : 10/110 Predator Hunter Max 1 vs. Weather Warrior rifle weight.

Klondike
06-16-2013, 03:02 PM
This is showing 8.9 lbs on the Savage website for long action calibers. Weather warrior in long action calibers is showing 6.9 lbs.

Anyone with both that can provide insight on weight and feel between the two?

I am picking between the two in 6.5 x 284.

big honkin jeep
06-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Well can't do the comparison for you with that specific rifle but I can tell you as the owner of multiple 116s that they are superb hunting rifles and that I prefer the low maintenance finish of the 116s. I do have multiple of the LE series that they claim are 8 lbs and when I hunt I grab a 116 or sometimes a 110 or 111 sporter depending on what caliber I decide on. The LE rifles are fun but I have much better choices in the safe available for hunting.
Good luck BHJ

Klondike
06-16-2013, 05:44 PM
I have a Savage Bear Hunter 116 in 338 win mag and I love the handling of that rifle. Just wondering from anyone who has both how they feel about the different stocks.

I am going to buy a McGowen 6.5 x 55 28" varmint barrel for this project - just not sure what base rifle to use.

Klondike
06-17-2013, 03:53 AM
One last question for anyone who has this rifle. Will this stock take a savage varmint contoured replacement barrel? What is the contour of the factory barrel?

rattfink
06-17-2013, 08:05 AM
If you're replacing the barrel, I think that is responsible for most of the weight difference so I would buy the rifle that had the action finish I liked best plus the stock I preferred if you plan to keep that too. Or whatever is cheaper. Or whatever take off components are more desirable for reselling to offset your costs.

Just my $.02