PDA

View Full Version : 3 screw trigger

cohunter39
06-16-2013, 07:05 AM
was wondering where i can get a factory 3 screw trigger?

thanks

thomae
06-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Become a paid member and advertise in the "Want To Buy" section of the classifieds.
AFAIK, they are no longer commercially available, you can only get them on the secondary (used) market.

geargrinder
06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
If you have the $$ you can buy the Basix Sav-1 or the Timney. They are basically the same as the 3 screw.

Or, spend a little more and get the SSS competition or the Basix Sav-2. Much better triggers than any factory or factory style trigger.

big honkin jeep
06-16-2013, 02:59 PM
I have found lots of goodies in the classifieds here. The supply of 3 screws which used to be very common and inexpensive seems to be drying up. You might also check with a couple of the vendors here that work on em and they may have a takeoff laying around. The same guys used to have buckets full of em.
I did get lucky and found one on gunbroker recently but the darn shipping was as much as the trigger and I haven't seen any more for sale lately.
Good luck

stangfish
06-16-2013, 03:47 PM
You know if he signs up, there will be more competition for all of the good stuff you can get here in the classifieds. Then he will become addicted to modifying as many savage rifles he can get his hands on. Then his wife will leave him and he will grow old and end up scounding the classified everyday for great deals. Do you really want him to become a paid member of the Brotherhood of the barrel nut? Well Do ya?

cohunter39
06-16-2013, 06:38 PM
well hell you guys talked me in to it, now a paid member.

stangfish
06-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Sucker...LOL Welcome Brother