PDA

View Full Version : Stock options

big honkin jeep
06-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Ok I have been looking around and have not found a lot of options for a varmint tactical style stock for a 110fp Long action round receiver blind box mag. I like my B&C medalists a lot but they apparently aren't making em for my long action.
I am typically perfectly happy with the factory tupperware but I've become increasingly more comfortable with the tactical style grip. Lets try to keep the price sane.
Any suggestions?

SEshooter
06-14-2013, 11:52 PM
How about the Boyds Tacticool stock? They are on sale right now also for 10% off. You may have to open the channel up and bed the action but the price is more than sane.

airdale
06-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Try Choate, I just got one and really happy with it. http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/25-06-14

big honkin jeep
06-17-2013, 09:48 PM
One of my problems is that this is a right handed rifle and I shoot lefty. This takes most thumbholes out of the equation. That and I like the idea of being able to shoot from either side if it becomes necessary.
I've never used a Boyds before. The style is right I just wonder about the coated laminate. I would ideally like something synthetic. I may have to look into this one.
I have shot a Choate ultimate sniper and those darn things are super heavy. I'm not sure how much lighter the varminter would be but right now everything is up for consideration. It's a round receiver 110 FP in 25-06 and I really like to keep it from weighing more than say a 12BVSS.
I'm also considering maybe a Stockade Elk Hunter in the money saver. Does anyone have one that can comment? Any more recommendations?