PDA

View Full Version : 12 LRPV with F Class stock

Cross Choke
06-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Hello, first time poster here.

I ordered a F Class stock from Savage for my 12 LRPV. Action fits well, except for the back triger guard screw. I would have thought there would have been an insert in the stock to accept the treads from the machine screw. Is this screw just suposed to go into the wood?

Also, it seems that the other screws that secure to the action are just a touch long. I have them just finger tight and they stick up into the action so you can not opperate the bolt. Should I shorten them or add a small spacer between the head of the bolt and the stock?

Thanks,

Westcliffe01
06-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Drill a small hole for the wood screw so that it does not split the wood. Bed the action with a filled epoxy and your action screws might end up perfect... I am guessing the action screws are always a bit long to be sure you have enough and knowing that it is easy to trim them.

Those are nice stocks. I would have loved one for my long action, but they seem hard to find for anything other than the short action.

Dummos
07-02-2013, 05:39 AM
The 2 stocks use different screws i had this trouble when i switched mine luckily i was just swapping stocks with a mate so when we swapped the screws as well it fixed the problem