PDA

View Full Version : Need help for new stock for my 10T

Mustangfreek
06-12-2013, 04:28 AM
i just recently picked up a savage 10t .308 from cabelas and while the accustock is all right, i would like to find something a little better without breaking the bank so to speak. My father just picked up a different savage also and is looking to.

Gun is a 10t 308
accutrigger
Factory savage detachable magazine
24" barrel
not sure if its an accustock or not, no stickers or id on the box and whatnot, this is my first real bolt gun, so not sure what im after as far as compatibility. the bell and carlsons looked like a good budget oriented upgrade for what im after.

Any help ?

thanks

Mustangfreek
06-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Any help?

stangfish
06-15-2013, 01:11 AM
Going to need a little help from you brother. You said you wanted something "Better". Not much to go on. New used tactical/benchrest/stalk, lightweight/ heavyweight. Watcha got in mind.

Mustangfreek
06-15-2013, 03:37 AM
I figured out the gun is an accustock model stock.

Im after something more rigid built. No wood and not looking for a expensive chassis setup. something along the lines of a bell and carlson

burdickjp
06-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I intend on fitting my 12 with a Stockade varmint.

stangfish
06-15-2013, 12:02 PM
I figured out the gun is an accustock model stock. something along the lines of a bell and carlson

The acustock is very rigid. It has an aluminum frae that goes from the action bed into the handgaurd. If yours bends easily it may not be an accustock. So B&C makes a hunting stock and a tactical stock. Where do we fall.

Mustangfreek
06-15-2013, 07:55 PM
It is indeed the accustock, as i have pulled it apart today, it is stiff , just not totally the forend will move some. looks like it isnt touching the barrel when the bipod is on and resting on the bench.Would just like a more rigid through out the whole stock. and not feel so cheap;.

Im not seeing a bell and carlson stock that will work with the accustock model and factory savage detachable mag or am i missing something?

burdickjp
06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Have you tried Stockade? They're made to order.

3DHUSKER
07-10-2013, 12:08 AM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/456493/h-s-precision-pro-series-rifle-stock-savage-short-action-with-44-screw-spacing-detachable-magazine-center-feed-only-varmint-barrel-channel-synthetic-black?cm_vc=wishList