PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger tool

brasse
06-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I have purchased two new Savage rifles this year. Neither had the little tool to adjust the accutrigger.

Is it supposed to be with each rifle???

jsand70
06-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I purchased a rifle earlier this year and it was with all the paper work (owners manual, registration, etc.). I would contact the company you purchased the rifles from or Savage and let me know you need the tool. Most likely they will drop one in the mail to you.

eddiesindian
06-10-2013, 09:45 PM
yep---what he said

brasse
06-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Getting one more Savage soon, ill see if the tool is with it. Only need one. Getting a target accutrigger spring from Jim at Northland

jonbearman
06-11-2013, 12:06 AM
I believe a schrader tool for removing the cores of valve stems on your car valve stem work too.You can get one at sears or advance auto,autozone etc.

dolomite_supafly
06-11-2013, 06:11 AM
I believe a schrader tool for removing the cores of valve stems on your car valve stem work too.You can get one at sears or advance auto,autozone etc.

Pretty sure they are going to be way to thick to work.

David13
06-11-2013, 06:11 PM
I got a new Savage this year. My tool was in the box.
However, it is small. In fact, so small that I had great difficulty seeing it.
Yours is probably there, but just so small you can't see it. Try feeling around some.
I'm going to borrow a microscope to look at it closely to see if some other tool could be used.
dc

JW
06-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I think a straight blade jewelers screw driver of correct width might work
have not tried it though - just a thought
Jack

thomae
06-12-2013, 05:52 AM
I think a straight blade jewelers screw driver of correct width might work
have not tried it though - just a thought
JackI have tried this. It worked for me.

bodywerks
06-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Getting one more Savage soon, ill see if the tool is with it. Only need one. Getting a target accutrigger spring from Jim at Northland

Good luck with that. The standard accutrigger spring is already too light to reliably engage the sear. Its a 2.5lb+ trigger, reliably. Any lighter is just asking for sear slip/failure to lock into battery.

plinkin
06-12-2013, 11:09 AM

How much are those spings and will they fit rim fire actions as well as M25's?

plinkin
06-12-2013, 11:12 AM

I don't think that will work because a schrader tool is bigger in diameter.

stangfish
06-12-2013, 02:46 PM
I cut a groove in an old minature philips screwdriver i had cut off smooth. Works like a champ.