PDA

View Full Version : Pensacola, FL

JCalhoun
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM
NRA Highpower Competition held at Pensacola Rifle & Pistol Club http://www.pensacolarifleandpistolclub.net/

Contact Jim Knerr (Match Director) e-mail: pensacola-highpower@cox.net

JCalhoun
07-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Copied by me.

This Saturday will be the last Highpower Rifle Match at Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club before the Nationals at Camp Perry.

Because of this, it has become a tradition in July to call the commands using the CMP system, i.e., beginning the rapids from standing. Good way to practice your timing and dropping into position. Those who wish to fire the NRA way and stay in position for rapids are welcome to do so as well. If you let me know your intent, I will try and place all the “standers” together.

If you would like to attend, please respond to this message. We will begin firing at 9am, please plan to arrive so your gear is on the line by 8:45. We will fire the 80 round course and the match fee is $10.

The rain forecast is currently at 50%. Since most of the time the rain occurs in the afternoon up there (60% last Saturday, Jill and I shot from 10:30-3:00 with no rain at the range), the match will go forward.

Hope to see you there!

Jim Knerr

JCalhoun
10-01-2013, 05:16 PM
This Saturday we will be holding the highpower rifle match at Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club.

We’ll be shooting our regular 800 agg 200 yard reduced regional match course.

If you would like to attend, please reply to this email message to have a firing point reserved for you. Cost is $10 (your first match of the season add $5 for the NRA recording fee). Please have your gear on the line by 8:45am and we’ll kick off at 9am. If the weather is looking foul by Friday night, I’ll send an email. Currently the weather guessers are saying 60% chance of rain, but looks to be later in the day so we will probably be in good shape.

If anyone is interested in a second relay, please let me know and plan to arrive NLT than 15 minutes before the approximate 11:30am start time. Jill will run the line and I’ll shoot with you.

Be careful of your speed on the paved residential road and when you arrive at the actual range area to rain has been a little hard on the road so go easy there as well, your suspension will thank you.

Thanks for your support and I hope to see you there!

Jim Knerr
Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club
Highpower Rifle Match Director