PDA

View Full Version : Who's shooting 6br on a Savage action?

Pages : 1 [2]

Dennis
06-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Seems like a 100/105/107gr bullet over 30gr of Varget is a go to load, is that working out?

It's hard to beat a 6br. The above load with Varget is common (CCI 450 primers). Some have their accuracy node with 29.5 grains, and some are a little over 30.5. Seating depth varies. I shoot 107 smk's, but know several who love the 105 Bergers. I am still using my first set of fireformed brass, close to 20 rounds so far.

I also built a BRX and love it. In fact two of us built the same gun. Shooting 60 round practice or match rounds, we have changed out two spotters (3 total used during the match) several times. I put mine on a Savage PTA action, my friend put his on a Bernard.

I use Wilson seater dies, and Redding FL bushing dies. These are my go to, but have others as well.

JMO, Dennis

Dennis
06-11-2013, 02:38 PM
PS: We don't really see much of a difference with the Bernard Action compared to the Savage PTA. I have talked to many across the country who use Savage PTA's. I have no reason to try something different. Dennis

Dave4022
06-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I use Forster seater and fl sizer as well as Forster NS. I rarely FL size. Brass is Lapua and I have 15 firings, annealed after 10 and have had less than 2% loss of cases due to neck splits. The brass is so good have yet to have to trim. Love the 6br.