PDA

View Full Version : 1.5# accutrigger spring

Pages : 1 [2]

IPSC
04-22-2014, 07:41 PM
I think I got the wrong part even though we went over this with quite some detail over the phone. The problem is I'm using this spring in another ( non-standard) application and cannot check pull weights the normal way.....it's going into a different gun. But what I know I need for the project is the Accutrigger 1.5 lb spring. Why the heck aren't these springs put in a bag with part number, to keep this all straight ??

Just to add to the confusion....if I research the websites.....the 1.5 lb spring is either Savage part number 105270, or 105267.....even here I can't get the straight dope.

Can you tell me if the 1.5 lb springs are always silver ???

I could have purchased from Jim at NSS....but he needs a $50 minimum order, something I wasn't prepared to do as I only needed the springs.

AZ_GUN_NUT
04-22-2014, 08:13 PM
From what I've read and been told, yes they are silver. Here's a pic of a "Target" trigger with the 1.5lb spring.

http://www.tactical-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/savage-c.jpg

chukarmandoo
04-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Man, after reading all this, I like my target action more and more every day!

northlander
04-22-2014, 10:02 PM
All of the 1 1/2 lb. springs that we have seen have been the light brown color. We actually saw the silver colored springs as the 2 1/2 to 3 lb. trigger weight level. Savage has changed things so often that Pat may have seen a 1 1/2 lb. spring that was silver but all of the ones that we have gotten have been the light brown.

Jim Briggs
NSS

IPSC
04-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Jim:

I appreciate your update on this, .....it helps me and undoubtedly others here too. The spring I have may indeed be the correct one afterall.

Not to beat a dead horse ( too late !), but the spring I'm asking about to verify if it is the 1.5 lb version....has an upper "fat" portion of the spring that shows its lower 3 coils "touching". As to dimensions---> Using my digital micrometer, wire diameter is about 0.027".... fat wound diameter is ~ 0.260"...thinner base wound diameter is ~0.164"....overall length ( not including pilot "tit") is about 0.80 ". Top (fat) length is ~ 0.47" not including the tit...and the lower thinner section is ~ 0.33" long. I'm hoping this is the correct 1.5 lb spring.

AZ_GUN_NUT
04-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Hey Jim, the 2 springs that SSS sent me were brown in color, but when I installed them in my rifle and set them at the lowest setting they actually produced higher trigger pulls than my stock spring. My stock spring can be set to 2.5 lbs at the lowest setting. The ones I received came in at 2.75 and 3 lbs at their lowest settings. Lisa said my action must be "out of spec" which I didn't buy as if it were I don't think I would be able to get it as low as I can with the stock spring?

masterblaster
04-23-2014, 07:05 AM
I got mine from gunshack, they were silver and adjusted below 1.5 pounds, I bumped them up to just under 2 pounds because thats where I like them. did 4 rifles with them. I didnt know Jim carried the springs, any chance you can get the sears Jim?

IPSC
04-23-2014, 07:18 AM
I contacted the 3 shops that supposedly have this spring.... NSS....SSS ...and Gunshack.

Jim and his crew at NSS was nice and polite ( as we see here)...but had a $50 minimum order, so that didn't work for me. Gunshack said a few weeks ago that they were "out" of this part, and will likely get more mid/end of April. That left me talking to Lisa at SSS...who had them in-stock and was willing to sell a small $ part order. Problem is what we are facing....not knowing "for sure" what the heck I got. The part came in a clear, unmarked ziplock baggie, no part number anywhere. When I pressed her about this being the right part, she said she thinks so, ...that's what's she's told, etc, etc..... not very confidence inspiring.

I've found out this info in the meantime.... hope it can help others here avoid this sort of nonsense--->

6 oz spring.....part number #106424
1.5 lb spring...part number #105270
2.5 lb spring...part number #105696

Savage will sell you this part if you first sign a liability waiver that they will send you upon request. But I think you must also be on-record of having a centerfire Accutrigger rifle... I didn't have this. I'm using this spring in another gun project I'm working on. Savage will sell this for $2 or even free, depending on how your talks go with them as you order ( they will sneak-in a "warranty" claim).

If any of you guys do this through Savage or others....maybe ask for 2 or 3 springs and help out some guys here ?????

All we needed was getting a part in a labeled bag with part number....done. Why this isn't done is a mystery and beyond me.

Badger
04-23-2014, 08:18 AM
+1 Chuk! The trigger on my FCP-SR feels like less than a lb., Feels like zero take-up or pre-travel too. Got 500 rounds thru her and not one misfire or any issue. It's making my 3lb Timney on my AR feel like a bad trigger!

Man, after reading all this, I like my target action more and more every day!

RC20
05-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Capt beach you are correct, the red blade target accu-trigger uses the same silver spring that is used in the varmint accutrigger. There is no third spring. The target accu-trigger gets is light weight from the sear, (That has a different angle to the engagement surface.) which is IDed with a little dimple by the bolt releases. Now the blade spring that controls the safety engagement blade in the middle of the accutrigger has a different spring. To further answer your now placing the silver spring into your accu-trigger will not make it a target accutrigger, you need the special sear, that has a different engagement angle on it.

On a side note, I don't know why people keep dragging up old threads that are over half a year old. This thread was dead and was moving on to 7 months old until it was dragged up yesterday.

Well new people come along needing the information and in this case I needed it, very helpful. As I have an order into NSS I am adding the 1.5 spring to it.

RC20
05-20-2016, 02:45 PM
Any reason we can't get the sear for the Target Acu trigger )(assume from Savage>?)

I think I am good with the 1.5 lb but curious about future option.

RC20
05-20-2016, 02:50 PM
And while I am getting up to speed, is there a sticky for this subject?

I think there should be, I see everything else (very nice) but not one on the acu trigger and its variations. Getting there but still scattered all around.

thanks to all

AZ_GUN_NUT
05-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Any reason we can't get the sear for the Target Acu trigger )(assume from Savage>?)

I think I am good with the 1.5 lb but curious about future option.

You would have to have a gunsmith order it for you. Savage will not sell it to regular customers, it's a restricted part.

Part number is: SEAR (6 OZ.) - P/N: 106427 $15.00

Also you might be interested in getting the whole 6 oz target trigger kit: 6OZ. TRIGGER KIT - P/N: 107323 $62.00

Good luck!

RC20
05-20-2016, 04:37 PM
Will they sell the sear with the your warrant per use (liability waiver) or is that more restricted?

Again currently just curious and gathering information than want to do it. I like the 1.5 on the Varmint and have the spring ordered with the new barrel for the project rifle from NSS

I am surprised that I can tell the difference between the 2.5 and 1.5 and seem to be inching (or inch pounding) more so its possible I will go over the edge.

I continue to be tickled with the modular nature of the Savages and all the options out there, far exceeds anything else I have looked at.

I am not into in depth tech work (at home, get enough of it at work) the nature of the Savage is easy enough that its not a chore.

Fotheringill
05-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Precision Target Accu trigger goes from 2.5 lbs. to 6 oz pull by adjusting it.

RC20
05-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Well I found my current limit Saturday! I had 3 or 4 go off before I thought they would (all fully controled and aimed at target)

So the 1.5 lb is more than good enough for me at least for now. I may leave it there or adjust up a tad. It came at must have been 2 lbs at least cross check with the non Varmint setup.

I do have the spring ordered from NSS. Had not seen them listed on their site.

Learning about these is turning out to be darned interesting in all sorts of ways!

RC20
05-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Precision Target Accu trigger goes from 2.5 lbs. to 6 oz pull by adjusting it.

I think I am good with the Varmint! I may change my mind down the road.