PDA

View Full Version : 12 F-Class 6.5-284

memilanuk
01-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Now that these have been out there on the market for a while, I'm curious what people have been seeing for results as far as accuracy, etc.

Thanks,

Monte

Balljoint
01-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Can't help my 12 F/class is in 308 and does shoot very well indeed

warthog97
01-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Mine is horrible, did a 20 shoot ladder test at 100yds and couldn't see what was going on after a while because all I had was a ragged hole an inch or so across ;D

Next ladder test will be at 200 yds!

Seriously though, my F-Class shoots great. I haven't shot it enough to talk about performance on longer ranges though. I learned that my technique has A LOT to room for improvement. I'm going to butcher some terms here out of ignorance, so please bear with me... I do think the trigger is set too light at the factory, given how that trigger system works. I did have a few occasions where the gun wouldn't fire because the sear was disengaged? Anyway, by lifting and reclosing the bolt, the firing mechanism was reset and ready to go. I hear that Sharp Shooter Supply has a pretty nice trigger for a decent price. I figure I spent less for the entire F-Class rifle than I would have for a custom action, so I don't mind spending the bucks for a good trigger. On the other hand, one advantage of the Accu-trigger is that you get a tactile feel for trigger finger placement, which I like. If I continue to have an issue, I might just increase the trigger pull a touch.

memilanuk
02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Generally speaking, dialing that accutrigger up a skosh to 8-10 oz. will cure most of that bad behavior - like nearly anything man-made, when its run down at the ragged edge of its range it gets a little erratic.

I'm mainly curious about performance at distance... I get some decent groups @ 300yds, but not always, and @ 600yds and beyond my Dasher (granted, full custom barrel, stock, etc. using a Target action thats been trued n timed and has the SSS Evo trigger) just buries it. Some of that I think is me - I'm not nearly as comfortable shooting this thing from a rest as I am my F/TR rifle, and I still have some consistency problems with the Dasher that I know are me, not the gun... I've shot off a bipod enough to have a 'feel' for what is the gun and what is shooter error, but less so from a front rest.

Ray Gunter
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Next ladder test will be at 200 yds!

300 yrd or even better a 400 yrd Ladder will make the reading a bit easier.

Big_lu_lu
02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
6.5 - .284 is one hell of a finicky load...on the lands, jammed, jumped, etc. If it groups tight at 300 yards, say 1/4 MOA it should do pretty good at 1000 yards.

Still one hell of a value for the money and easy enough to replace with an aftermarket barrel...remember they will last about 800-1000 rounds in a 6.5-.284.

Good luck