PDA

View Full Version : Need more LOP for 110 FCP HS-presicion

monkiejohnson
06-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Hello all, I am 6'4" with really long arms and I find my LOP is a little uncomfortable. I installed a Karsten cheek rest and that help with my comb height but now I need more length. I would like to find a solution that wont break the bank. I have found some aftermarket set ups but I don't think they will work on the hollow stock. Please help.

Thanks,
David

stangfish
06-05-2013, 09:09 PM
MJ, There are some pretty handy guys on here that will chime in on how to work an adjustable butt plates.

For your viewing pleasure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJRpfmllDgk

Great question. Good Luck

JCalhoun
06-06-2013, 10:45 PM
David,

I'm just about in your shoes. At 6'3 some rifles are uncomfortable but manageable. You may want to look at the adjustable buttplates the trap shooters use as well as the highpower folks.

Sundodger
06-07-2013, 12:06 PM
While mine doesn't sound as bad as yours, another 0.5" in LOP sure would be nice. I took the factory recoil pad off hoping I could just make a plastic spacer to give it the extra length, but the way that it is inset into the hollow stock would make the fit and finish terrible.

Does anyone make a thicker prefit recoil pad that actually fits well?

Also there is a chunk of white Styrofoam inside the hollow part of my stock that is visible when I pull the recoil pad off. This seems odd, anyone else have this on their gun?

JCalhoun
06-07-2013, 01:41 PM
They all have it. It's there to keep the butt stock from being as flimsy and it also helps to keep the buttstock from sounding like a drum.

Switchbarrel
06-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Have you called H-S Precision? Looks like they have two different adjustable LOP set-ups on their Tactical series stocks. If the stock construction isn't totally different, maybe they can make a suggestion or sell you the hardware to convert your stock...?

https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/stocks/pst.html

If nothing else, while not as aesthetically pleasing, I had one of those slip-on buttpads for my shotgun. It had a thick recoil pad and added half to three quarters of an inch to the LOP.

-Rick